Add/Change Meta key C

  • Bastian Kruse
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2000
      Hello,

      thanks Jon !! for your answer. I use ms dos.

      > Is MicroEmacs able to see this FN key ?? i.e. if you
      >
      > M-x describe-key
      >
      > and press the FN key does it register that the key has
      > been pressed ?? If not the key is not visible - this
      > requires some hacking to find out what it actually is ?

      the key is visible, the problem is it is only visible in connection
      with another key. The keybord has been designed this way to integrate
      the right half of the PC keyboard in the Laptops keyboard. So e.g. I
      can press a 5 or I can press the FN key in connection with a k. I
      get the same results. I can press a 6 or the FN-l combination. All
      keys have been integrated. I couldnĀ“t figure out how the FN key can
      be addressed directly. M-x describe-key FN displays nothing.
      Any ideas ?

      Thanks again.

      Bastian