Wrapper script and '-n' mode

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2000
      Here's a little wrapper I keep in my ~/bin directories, to kick off 'me'
      the way I like it (i.e., if in X mode, as a detached process; if in termcap
      mode [either because user specified '-n' or because DISPLAY not set], in
      the foreground):

      #!/bin/sh -f
      #------------------------------------------------------------
      # me thundt rev 2 27-Jun-00
      # Wrapper for Jasspa MicroEmacs
      #------------------------------------------------------------
      # Only run in background if in windowed mode!
      # (else we get a prompt back in the middle of the editor window)
      if [ x$1 = x-n ]; then
      shift
      # echo "yes -n, \$* = $*"
      /usr/local/bin/me -n $*
      else
      # echo "no -n"
      # or if DISPLAY not set (remind them)
      if [ -z $DISPLAY ]; then
      /usr/local/bin/me -n $*
      else
      /usr/local/bin/me $* &
      fi
      fi

      I've noticed that termcap mode runs in boldface (and leaves it in boldface
      after exiting)... wonder why that is...? (Running in xterms under SuSE
      Linux 6.4...)

      Cheers

      -Tom Hundt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2000
        > Subject: [jasspa] Wrapper script and '-n' mode
        > From: Thomas Hundt <thundt@...>
        > Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 00:43:52 -0700
        >
        > Here's a little wrapper I keep in my ~/bin directories, to kick off 'me'
        > the way I like it (i.e., if in X mode, as a detached process; if in termcap
        > mode [either because user specified '-n' or because DISPLAY not set], in
        > the foreground):
        >
        > #!/bin/sh -f
        > #------------------------------------------------------------
        > # me thundt rev 2 27-Jun-00
        > # Wrapper for Jasspa MicroEmacs
        > #------------------------------------------------------------
        > # Only run in background if in windowed mode!
        > # (else we get a prompt back in the middle of the editor window)
        > if [ x$1 = x-n ]; then
        > shift
        > # echo "yes -n, \$* = $*"
        > /usr/local/bin/me -n $*
        > else
        > # echo "no -n"
        > # or if DISPLAY not set (remind them)
        > if [ -z $DISPLAY ]; then
        > /usr/local/bin/me -n $*

        This looks like a sound test to me, I think me should do this anyway and
        automatically run in termcap mode (can't hurt as without the $DISPLAY set it
        wont run any) - does anyone object to this?

        FYI. If your $TERM is set to vt* (e.g. vt100) then me automatically runs in
        termcap mode.

        > else
        > /usr/local/bin/me $* &
        > fi
        > fi
        >

        > I've noticed that termcap mode runs in boldface (and leaves it in boldface
        > after exiting)... wonder why that is...? (Running in xterms under SuSE
        > Linux 6.4...)

        Hmmm, sounds familiar and I think the very latest may have fixed these
        trailing font issues, what version are you using?