[jasspa] change-font fatal when running under termcap

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2000
      It seems the change-font command crashes ME when running under termcap mode (i.e., 'me -n'). I've seen this behavior under solaris and linux.

      (It also seems to leave a zombie process that sucks up all available CPU time :-)

      Workaround: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "So, don't do that!" :-) I've protected the change-font commands in my startup scripts by first looking at $mouse to (try to) determine whether I'm running under X or not. (I already look at $platform to find out the underlying os, to determine MSWin/DOS.)

      Footnote: I love ME. (That sounds pretty narcissistic, doesn't it :-)