RE: [jasspa] MicroEmacs for 8086

  • Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)
    Message 1 of 6 , May 10 11:14 PM
      Thanks for your answer - I think the old version of uemacs
      need 70 kB
      I think 100 kB would be acceptable
      (but as small as possible)
      if the executable is much bigger than 100 kB -than I can not
      use this for all my palmtops
      but a big executable is much better than nothing !!

      I do not need
      - spelling
      - backup
      - color + hilighting - ?? Do these palm tops do color ?? answer: no
      - tags
      - help

      very find would be
      undo
      and global-bind-key
      and crypt mode

      But I don't know which macros are really necessary

      I thought there exist an windows CE version ..

      Tanks for your long answer Arne

    • Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)
      Message 2 of 6 , May 10 11:26 PM
        I use the [meibm.exe 69730 Bytes,emacs.rc ca 8k (uemacs)] on an HP 200 LX
        too
        but I think the jasspa version is now much much better

      • Detlef Groth
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 14, 2000
          Hello,
          <snip>
          > As for windows CE. I have got access to the developer
          > kit. I would not imagine that a port to CE would
          > be that difficult - does anybody have a requirement
          > for this ??

          Yes, I have now a requirement for a small me-executable on windows
          ce,
          providing the most neccessary stuff. It would be great to live
          without
          all these ebook readers, notetakers, adressbooks and so on and to do
          all inside me also here.

          I dont have visual-c, so I can't use the special ms-sdk for win-ce I
          suppose, so if Jon can do the job, this would be very great.
          I know there is the old uemacs for windows-ce also, but why leave a
          winning horse.

          Thanks,

          Detlef