Re: two specific question from a new user

  • isaacpei
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 14, 2012
      so there isn't a softwrap feature?

      it could be interesting if we can compile lua (embed) it in as a extension language, while at the same time keep the current macro system....

      just some thought

      --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, "isaacpei" <isaacpei@...> wrote:

      > thanks, Tom
      > yes, yours best explained what I am looking for. thanks!
      >
      > --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Tom Hundt <thundt@> wrote:
      > >
      > > org mode is a mode for GNU Emacs that supports outines, checklists, etc.
      > > http://orgmode.org/
      > >
      > > I've played around with it and wish MicroEmacs had it. I've gone so far as
      > > to have both ME and Gnu installed just to support some to-do lists. I'm
      > > Lisp-challenged, however, and that always stops me from switching over.
      > >
      > > I think "soft wrap" means wrapping long lines by setting an editor flag, not
      > > by inserting actual linefeeds into the text. What Notepad does in Windows.
      > > http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/emacs/Longlines.html
      > >
      > > -Tom
      > >

      > > On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Steven Phillips <bill@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > Isaac,
      > > >
      > > > Welcome to the group!
      > > >
      > > > Sorry but I'm not familiar with the terms softwrap or orgmode - what are
      > > > they?
      > > >
      > > > I'd guess that softwrap is the wrapping of long lines in the display so all
      > > > the text is visible? If so the answer is no (there has to be some reason why
      > > > this is 'micro' emacs!)
      > > >
      > > > Steve
      > > >

      > > > isaacpei wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Hello,
      > > >
      > > > I am an new user of microemacs, I have
      > > > two specific questions:
      > > > 1. is there a softwrap feature in uemacs?
      > > > 2. is there the 'orgmode' in uemacs?
      > > >
      > > > thanks a lot!
      > > >
      > > > Best regards,
      > > > Isaac
      > > >

      > > --
      > > Thomas Hundt <tom@> +1-415-867-6698

    • Tom Hundt
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 17, 2012
        I don't think so.  (This is annoying when viewing many Windows readme files that are saved using Notepad, which DOES have it.)  You end up having to do ifill-paragraph on the whole document (or 'restyle-buffer') to read the lines.  That does modify the buffer though.

        There is a buffer mode called "wrap" which has nothing to do with viewing; it turns on word wrapping so if you type past the wrap point it will reformat (fill) the paragraph.

        Maybe I'm wrong and it exists and I just don't know about it; it's happened before...  I'm using version 20090909.

        -Th