Re: [jasspa] New Jasspa version not making using session files?

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 29, 2011
      Are the files local? ME does not read network files in as the network may not be available in which case ME will hang for a long time (there's probably a way of making it though....).

      Are there any other symptoms as I've not had any problems myself.

      Steve

      hops wrote:

      Hi all

      Has anyone else noticed any problems with the latest jasspa me version
      not using or reading session files ??

      I updated to use the new version about a month ago and immediately
      noticed the latest version did not correctly read/use the previous
      version session files
      (regenerate the previous session) and does not correctly read/use
      session files made from a new changed session done within itself..

      The session files seem to have the correct ( new session ) info - file
      names at least and the startup status line message indicate the session
      has been read ( but files not loaded....)

      ??

      --
      -- hops

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 29, 2011
        Not sure how you had removed the 'lf' mode but global-mode is the right way to go for a global change, alternatively consider creating a my<file-type>.emf hook to change just one file type.

        Note that if you have 'auto' mode still enabled lf mode will still be enabled for old files that have lf chars in their end of line format.

        Steve

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 29, 2011
          Tools > User Setup > General > Show Modes. lf is listed, there I "unchecked" it.

          Jeremy

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 29, 2011
            Ahhh, that explains its lack of effect, 'Show modes' is used to determine which modes are shown in a window's mode line (i.e. the list of letters), it doesn't affect whether it's enabled or not.

            Steve

            >I have went to my user configuration and removed the "Lf" flag, but
            >new files still seem to be created as CRLF, not just CR. Am I doing
            >something wrong?

            I was able to add

            -1 global-mode "lf"

            to my startup file and that seems to have done it.

            Jeremy

          • hops
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2, 2011
              On 11/30/2011 7:42 AM, Steven Phillips wrote:
              > Are the files local?

              Yes they're local
              /Documents and Settings/hops/Application Data/JASSPA/hops.esf

              ME does not read network files in as the network
              > may not be available in which case ME will hang for a long time (there's
              > probably a way of making it though....).
              Its not hanging at all. Starts up as normal
              The status line message indicates that its read the session file
              '[Session read]' but a session with the files is is not recreated

              Was there any change to the session file format at the last version
              ( this is on Windows XP)

              > Are there any other symptoms as I've not had any problems myself.
              Pox.

              Thats pretty much it no session (re)made but looks like the macro code
              is passing through the reading of the session file

              I just tried manually saving and manually loading the session file
              ('save-session' and 'read-session') and that seemed to work.

              Stopping and restarting after that me-10 still didnt automatically load
              the session on startup (in spite of the shown '[Session read]' showing
              but if I run a 'read-session' command manually it does load the sessions
              files.

              In a default distribution where in the macro files run on startup is the
              session loaded ( read-session command run)?

              --
              -- hops