Re: [jasspa] Go Mode for MicroEmacs... going into main Go repo

    Message 1 of 3 , May 12 8:44 AM
      Not heard of Go, do you have a link?

      To fix the case issue simply change:
          0 hilight .hilight.go 1 $global-scheme
          0 hilight .hilight.go 0 $global-scheme

      However, as the language supports multi-line comments (i.e. /* ... to */) I suggest you take a similar approach to the C hook and use

          0 hilight .hilight.go 2 50 $global-scheme

      Which makes ME look back 50 lines to try and locate an open comment.

      Steve

      cp200205 wrote:

      Hello,

      I have written a mode for MicroEmacs for the Go language. I have a request to place it into Go's main repository. I would like a second pair of eyes to go over things if someone would. I showed a screen shot of MicroEmacs and quite a few people were pretty excited about it.

      http://jeremy.cowgar.com/files/microemacs-go.png

      One existing problem I have right now is that the syntax highlighting is doing so case insensitive but Go is a case sensitive language. Gotta get that fixed. Other than that problem, does anyone see an issue or something that should be changed?

      https://github.com/jcowgar/dotmicroemacs/blob/master/hkgo.emf

      Thanks for any input,

      Jeremy

    • cp200205
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12 11:02 AM
        Thanks for the updates Steve. Go is an open source, general purpose, statically typed, compiled language with great support for concurrent execution by Google. You can read more about it: http://golang.org/

        Jeremy