Re: Overwrite Selection

  • cp200205
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2011
      Steve,

      I am terribly sorry! I have not gotten an email from the Jasspa group since 11/02/2010 for some reason. I need to look at the mail logs and figure out what went wrong. I did not see this (or any other message past that date) until I posted one this morning. When I saw it didn't come in I came to the web interface to see if it actually posted and now see all sorts of other messages I have not got.

      Anyway, I did apply the patch just now and it seems to be working great. About the copying of the region to the clipboard. I personally like that. I didn't catch on that it was doing that. However it is not the way the MS-shift stuff works in Microsoft. So... can it be the way it works in MicroEmacs? As I said, I personally like it that way but I'm probably not the only one using it. I guess it matters how much MicroEmacs wants to emulate the MS shift stuff. That's your call.

      Jeremy

      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2011
        I also think it should be left as is - Windows uses C-x, C-c & C-v for copy buffer manipulation, all of these key bindings are used in ME for other things so ME's shift region support cannot be the same as Windows and if the user has to press 'esc w' once they have defined the 'shift region' what does this gain over the standard way of doing it? Not a lot.

        Steve