Help with eTML mode

  • Jeremy Cowgar
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2010

      I am a core developer with the Euphoria team (http://www.openeuphoria.org) and over the past few years have “perfected” (loose use of the word J) a Euphoria mode that supports all the new features of v4.0 that will be going RC1 on Nov 8th. Now, the entire Euphoria website is written in, of course, Euphoria. We have what we call eTML, Euphoria Template Markup Language. It’s no different than ASP or any other number of web template systems. The Euphoria mode has full indentation support as we as highlighting support. I am able to highlight Euphoria code inside of the eTML files but I am not able to get indentation to work. I would absolutely love to be able to use Tools > Reformat Buffer on our eTML scripts when I am editing them.

      I have followed closely the hkasp.emf file trying to make this work but after about 6 hours, I’m giving up. I am sure it’s something simple that I am missing. I was just really hoping to solve the problem. Can someone help me figure out what’s wrong with my hketml.emf file?

      The hkeuphoria.emf file is: http://rapideuphoria.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rapideuphoria/tools/editors/microemacs/hkeuphoria.emf?revision=3778

      The hketml.emf file is: http://rapideuphoria.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rapideuphoria/tools/editors/microemacs/hketml.emf?revision=3778

      An example that should highlight (periods added for indentation)

      <%

      …./* Dummy Test */

      ....if TRUE then

      ……..do_something()

      ….end if

      %>

      The file name should be something  like test.etml . You can place the code into a file named test.ex and see that it indents properly there but in the etml file it’s just flat, no indentation.

      Thank you for any help.

      Jeremy Cowgar

      OpenEuphoria

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2010

          I think a fresh start this morning help. I now have it working. I made several other non-related changes but as near as I can tell this is the diff that made all the magic start to happen:

               !if &exist .indent.euscript

                   indent .hilight.etmltag t "<%" .indent.euscript

                   indent .hilight.etmltag t "%>" .hilight.etml

          -        indent .hilight.etml x "^<%" 0 .indent.euscript

          -        indent .hilight.etml x ".<%" t .indent.euscript

          +        indent .hilight.etml x "<%" t .indent.euscript

                   indent .indent.euscript w "%>" -t 0

               !endif

          The latest files can be retrieved from: http://rapideuphoria.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rapideuphoria/tools/editors/microemacs/?diff_format=u if anyone is interested.

          I am sure that these will not be the last revisions before Euphoria 4.0 goes final. I know that MicroEmacs ships with a Euphoria mode already, hkeupor, but when these revisions are done to the above files the above files will be much better than the hkeupor and up-to-date with Euphoria 4.0.

          I’ll let the list know when the above files have reached a stable/final state.

          Thanks for your help and the great editor!

          Jeremy