Re: [jasspa] Specifying a valid word character for a given mode?

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2010
      Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
      > In Josl, many characters that are normally special characters in other
      > languages are valid in a word. For instance, a simple example is
      > stack-show. This causes a problem with auto completion. When I type:
      >
      > stac
      >
      > and press esc esc, it completes stack. That's fine, however, it would be
      > nice if it would be able to complete to stack-show.
      >
      > Is there a way to tell MicroEmacs that - and many other characters are
      > part of a word?
      >
      > Jeremy

      Put the following line at the top of hkjosl.emf:

      set-char-mask "3" "-_"

      Populate the last parameter with the characters that are considered to be part
      of a word.

      Regards
      Jon

    • Jeremy Cowgar
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 24, 2010
        On 4/24/2010 5:37 AM, Jon Green wrote:

        Put the following line at the top of hkjosl.emf:

        set-char-mask "3" "-_"

        Populate the last parameter with the characters that are considered to be part
        of a word.

        Thank you. I was looking for something like that but failed to see it. Now that you told me, I find examples all over of it's use :-)... I also had to add 3 to my buffer-mask to make that work.

        Jeremy