Specifying a valid word character for a given mode?

  • Jeremy Cowgar
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2010
      In Josl, many characters that are normally special characters in other
      languages are valid in a word. For instance, a simple example is
      stack-show. This causes a problem with auto completion. When I type:

      stac

      and press esc esc, it completes stack. That's fine, however, it would be
      nice if it would be able to complete to stack-show.

      Is there a way to tell MicroEmacs that - and many other characters are
      part of a word?

      Jeremy
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 24, 2010
        Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
        > In Josl, many characters that are normally special characters in other
        > languages are valid in a word. For instance, a simple example is
        > stack-show. This causes a problem with auto completion. When I type:
        >
        > stac
        >
        > and press esc esc, it completes stack. That's fine, however, it would be
        > nice if it would be able to complete to stack-show.
        >
        > Is there a way to tell MicroEmacs that - and many other characters are
        > part of a word?
        >
        > Jeremy

        Put the following line at the top of hkjosl.emf:

        set-char-mask "3" "-_"

        Populate the last parameter with the characters that are considered to be part
        of a word.

        Regards
        Jon

      • Jeremy Cowgar
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 24, 2010
          On 4/24/2010 5:37 AM, Jon Green wrote:

          Put the following line at the top of hkjosl.emf:

          set-char-mask "3" "-_"

          Populate the last parameter with the characters that are considered to be part
          of a word.

          Thank you. I was looking for something like that but failed to see it. Now that you told me, I find examples all over of it's use :-)... I also had to add 3 to my buffer-mask to make that work.

          Jeremy