Re: [jasspa] Re: More indent questions

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 20, 2010
      Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
      > On 4/20/2010 4:00 PM, Jon Green wrote:
      >>
      >> Hi Jeremy,
      >>
      >> Sorry I have not had a lot of time and to help you then we have to
      >> actually
      >> write a complete template and find some examples.
      >>
      >> After looking at the examples on the web page then I am struggling
      >> because
      >> there is no clear anchor in the syntax to determine when the indent is
      >> supposed
      >> to end.
      >>
      >> Anyway I had a play around and have so far come up with nothing that
      >> works
      >> every case of your examples and the document on josl. When I look at your
      >> example below I am wondering how you got the indent working at all?
      >>

      > Oh... My indentation was only working for the constructs which was
      > pretty easy, obviously:
      >
      > TRUE if
      > ...."Hello" println
      > end
      >
      > I did not get anything working for indenting a word definition properly.
      > So, for me things would indent like this:
      >
      > main
      > TRUE if
      > ...."Hello" println
      > end
      >
      > which is wrong in Josl, as *any* non-space, non-comment in column 1
      > defines a new word (function). The above should look like:
      >
      > main
      > ....TRUE if
      > ........"Hello" println
      > ....end

      OK, seems that I have solved this problem then with my abuse of the 'indent
      "u"' which should sort this out as it will cause an indent to start on the next
      line.

      Best of luck.

      > Jeremy

    • Jeremy Cowgar
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 20, 2010
        Jon,

        Thank you. It seems to be working great. What I have thus far is:

        http://fossil.josl.org/finfo?name=support/editors/microemacs/hkjosl.emf

        I'm very happy to have a working mode now for MicroEmacs. It's just so
        nice to have indentation, the tools pane (displaying buffer items). The
        ease of creating these modes (albeit indentation sometimes gets tricky)
        in MicroEmacs is just awesome.

        Jeremy Cowgar