[jasspa] Re: FreeBSD [OT]

  • fourje
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2000
      on Linux (so they are still baby teeth<g>), then Solaris and I agree,
      FreeBSD (have not tried the other BSD's) is a really "nice" OS - just
      seems so clean and solid.
      With The FreeBSD/BSDI merge, there's promises of "big" things. Publicity
      and promotions by the summer for FreeBSD (I read somewhere that Europe
      is going to be a prime target). I'm just a little peeved that Oracle
      has not released their DB on the FreeBSD platform (yet). Soon I hope.
      Apologies for going off topic.
      Dave E.

      thundt@... wrote:

      > Somebody mentioned FreeBSD. Note that this has much better networking
      > code than Linux, and, I'm told, a much better kernel.

      FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
      NDO: Anyone need a Ride?