[jasspa] Re: The incredible flying menubar

  • bill@jasspa.freeserve.co.uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 1999
      > Here's another cute one, works for me on NT4 and Slowaris (xdisplayed to a PC
      > using Exceed). 99beta2. Harmless but fun:
      >
      > Click on the menu, with the mouse. You get a dropdown.
      >
      > Now play with the PageUp and PageDown keys. See anything unusual? :-)
      >
      > -Th

      Good find Thomas, I have found and fixed this bugette, I won't post a fix as
      it is not a serious bug.

      Thomas has also found a much more serious bug, ME crashes doing a replace if
      magic mode is disabled. The immediate work-around is to always use magic mode.
      The short term solution is to add the following fix to search.c (beta 2) and
      recompile. This will be fixed for the final release, which unfortunately has
      been delayed,

      Steve

      *** C:/tmp/search.c.~0~ Sat Aug 07 11:31:48 1999
      --- C:/tmp/search.c Sat Aug 07 11:31:58 1999
      ***************
      *** 2231,2238 ****
      --- 2231,2240 ----
      /* only set the new regex slength here as if the user is doing a query replace
      * and does an undo, the slength must be correct for the last insertion */
      #ifdef _GNU_REGEX
      + if(magical)
      slength = mereRegs.end[0] ;
      #else
      + if(magical && meModeTest(curbp->b_mode,MDMAGIC))
      slength = mclen;
      #endif
      #endif