[jasspa] Re: Debugging with ME

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2000
      If you have bound this to a mouse action such as a word select
      then you do not need the copy-region, the copy-region in this
      instance will append it to the kill buffer and you will get
      2 copies.

      The alternative is to search for the bounds of the word
      yourself and set up mark and point, copying the region
      and then yanking it back. Another -1 yank will then
      remove the new kill data from the buffer.

      dgroth@... wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I tried to open a image-file with a file-viewer by selecting the path with
      > the mouse inside the document (very useful if you have many pictures inside
      > a latex-document for instance and you want to check the picture). The
      > strange thing is, that if I remove the debugging line, the macro is not working
      > anymore, because the file-path is copied twice inside the #l0 variable. If I
      > use the debugging line and even if I immediately stop debugging by pressing
      > "!" all is fine.
      > Very funny but after a while also disturbing. I observed this behaviour
      > also in other cases. With debugging all was fine without some problems were
      > observed.
      >
      > Any suggestions ?
      >
      > define-macro run-iview
      > set-variable $debug 1
      > copy-region
      > set-variable .file-path @y
      > shell-command &cat "C:/dgroth/bin/IVIEW312g/I_view32.exe " .file-path
      > ; C:/dgroth/medev000322/src/me32.bmp : file to open is marked then
      > ;run-iview is executed
      > -1 yank
      > !emacro
      >
      > btw: Thanks to Jon for the makefile for the Borland-compiler, this
      > compiler is incredible fast (it compiles the whoole stuff in less than one minute
      > on my machine (Pentium 300, 64 Mb Ram).
      >
      > Best regards, Detlef

      > Special Offer-Earn 300 Points from MyPoints.com for trying @Backup
      > Get automatic protection and access to your important computer files.
      > Install today:

      > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/jasspa/?m=1

      Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green
      Principal Design Engineer