[jasspa] Debugging with ME

  • dgroth@gmx.de
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2000
      Hello,

      I tried to open a image-file with a file-viewer by selecting the path with
      the mouse inside the document (very useful if you have many pictures inside
      a latex-document for instance and you want to check the picture). The
      strange thing is, that if I remove the debugging line, the macro is not working
      anymore, because the file-path is copied twice inside the #l0 variable. If I
      use the debugging line and even if I immediately stop debugging by pressing
      "!" all is fine.
      Very funny but after a while also disturbing. I observed this behaviour
      also in other cases. With debugging all was fine without some problems were
      observed.

      Any suggestions ?

      define-macro run-iview
      set-variable $debug 1
      copy-region
      set-variable .file-path @y
      shell-command &cat "C:/dgroth/bin/IVIEW312g/I_view32.exe " .file-path
      ; C:/dgroth/medev000322/src/me32.bmp : file to open is marked then
      ;run-iview is executed
      -1 yank
      !emacro

      btw: Thanks to Jon for the makefile for the Borland-compiler, this
      compiler is incredible fast (it compiles the whoole stuff in less than one minute
      on my machine (Pentium 300, 64 Mb Ram).

      Best regards, Detlef
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 24, 2000
        If you have bound this to a mouse action such as a word select
        then you do not need the copy-region, the copy-region in this
        instance will append it to the kill buffer and you will get
        2 copies.

        The alternative is to search for the bounds of the word
        yourself and set up mark and point, copying the region
        and then yanking it back. Another -1 yank will then
        remove the new kill data from the buffer.

        dgroth@... wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I tried to open a image-file with a file-viewer by selecting the path with
        > the mouse inside the document (very useful if you have many pictures inside
        > a latex-document for instance and you want to check the picture). The
        > strange thing is, that if I remove the debugging line, the macro is not working
        > anymore, because the file-path is copied twice inside the #l0 variable. If I
        > use the debugging line and even if I immediately stop debugging by pressing
        > "!" all is fine.
        > Very funny but after a while also disturbing. I observed this behaviour
        > also in other cases. With debugging all was fine without some problems were
        > observed.
        >
        > Any suggestions ?
        >
        > define-macro run-iview
        > set-variable $debug 1
        > copy-region
        > set-variable .file-path @y
        > shell-command &cat "C:/dgroth/bin/IVIEW312g/I_view32.exe " .file-path
        > ; C:/dgroth/medev000322/src/me32.bmp : file to open is marked then
        > ;run-iview is executed
        > -1 yank
        > !emacro
        >
        > btw: Thanks to Jon for the makefile for the Borland-compiler, this
        > compiler is incredible fast (it compiles the whoole stuff in less than one minute
        > on my machine (Pentium 300, 64 Mb Ram).
        >
        > Best regards, Detlef

        > Special Offer-Earn 300 Points from MyPoints.com for trying @Backup
        > Get automatic protection and access to your important computer files.
        > Install today:

        > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/jasspa/?m=1

        Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green
        Principal Design Engineer