[jasspa] Re: it is working, ME doesn´t use the full scr

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2000
      KRUSE BASTIAN wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > it is working at the moment !
      > I put "yes" in the user setup where it says double line (it is the
      > point under grapic mode). Then saved it.
      > Then I exit me. Restarted me and put "no" to the point double line.
      > Saved the configuration.
      > Restarted microemacs.
      > Now microemacs uses the whole screen. Looks normal to me now.
      > I can reproduce this. I tried it with a new configuration of
      > microemacs. I don´t know the reason for that. Only thing I recognized
      > is that microemacs created a new guest.eff. It was also said - as
      > far as I remember - that it created the guest.eff in
      > c:\windows\guest.eff although I don´t have such a directory. The new
      > guest file lies in my me directory.

      Good, OK you are getting there. I'm not runnig the DOS here
      but you are in the correct area for user setup, and it
      sounds like you have solved the problem.

      > > > but it did occupy the whole of the LCD area. To compensate,
      > > > within ME then in the startup file modify the screen depth i.e.
      > > >
      > > > 47 change-screen-depth
      >
      > I guess I would have to create my own startup file and make me use it
      > in user-setup ? Is that correct ?
      > Thanks for your help Jon.

      Because there is no login in DOS then you need to assign
      your self a user name. You can do this in 2 different ways:-

      1) Create an environment variable MENAME=myname

      2) From user setup, enter your name in
      "Log Name" with a startup path and then
      select Default User.

      Once you have done this you should have a "myname.emf"
      file set up. This is your personal file and you
      can add any extensions to this.

      Normally we keep the user setup macros in a separate
      directory from the supplied macros. Doing this allows
      updates to the relase without affecting your defined
      macros. The MEPATH variable mat be set in the environment
      to point to a different location.

      This is described in the on-line manual pages
      in the "Setting Up a User Profile" section.

> [...]
      > > Version(s) Computer Setup and Diagnostics for Portables 1.12 Rev. B
      > >
      > > Computer Setup for Portables 1.50 Rev. A
      > >
      > > Personal Computer Diagnostics 10.11 Rev. B
      > > 13 Mar 1998 10.10 Rev. C
      > >
      > > System ROMPaq .96.05.16 Rev. A
      > >
      > > Storage Current Version Previous Version(s)
      > > Hard Disk Partition Restoration Utility 1.00 Rev. A
      > >

      > > Operating Systems and Software Enhancements Current Version Previous
      > > Version(s)
      > > Enable for QBASIC Programs 1.50 Rev. A
      > >
      > > Supplemental Programs 2.01 Rev. A
      > > 17 Apr 1996 1.08 Rev. A
      > >
      > > Communications Current Version Previous Version(s)
      > > Compaq 288 Modem ROMPaq 1.056 Rev. B
      > > 21 May 1997 1.056 Rev. A
      > >
      > > Compaq Speedpaq 192 Fax/Modem ROMPaq 1.11 Rev. A
      > >
      > > Compaq Speedpaq 288 Modem and Global 28.8 Modem ROMPaq 1.23 Rev. A 12
      > > Aug 1997 1.22 Rev. A
      > >
      > > Compaq Speedpaq 288 Modem Users Guide 1.10 Rev. B
      > >
      > > Netelligent 56K PCMCIA Fax Modem INF File 1.12 Rev. A
      > >

      > > Utilities Current Version Previous Version(s)
      > > Compaq Pagemarq 15 and Pagemarq 20 Drivers for Lotus 1-2-3 1.00 Rev. A
      > >

      > > EPP Support Utility 2.00 Rev. A
      > >

      > > Extended RAM Memory Display Beyond 15MB Utility 1.50 Rev. A
      > >

      > > Parallel Port Configuration 1.00 Rev. A
      > >

      > > > If I recall, you can change the screen mode from a hot key. I
      > > > used to call the Compaq utility directly from my autoexec.bat and
      > > > always forced it into 80x50 mode.
      > > >
      > > > Hope this helps.
      > > >
      > > > Regards
      > > > Jon.

      > > > --
      > > >
      > > > Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green
      > > > Principal Design Engineer
      > > >
      > > > SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd
      > > > Samsung Electronics Research Institute (Audio / Visual Labs)
      > > > The Communication Centre
      > > > South Street
      > > > Staines Tel: +44 (0)1784 428600 ext 644
      > > > MIDDLESEX Fax: +44 (0)1784 428620
      > > > TW18 4QE Email (work): jnaught@...
      > > > England Email (home): jon@...
      > > > _______________________________________________________________________

      > > > __________________________________________________________________________
      > > >
      > > > This is an unmoderated list. JASSPA is not responsible for the content of
      > > > any material posted to this list.

      > > > Special Offer-Earn 300 Points from MyPoints.com for trying @Backup
      > > > Get automatic protection and access to your important computer files.
      > > > Install today:
      > > >
      > > > eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/jasspa/
      > > > http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

      > > Bastian Kruse w3krus01@...-passau.de

      > > Special Offer-Earn 300 Points from MyPoints.com for trying @Backup
      > > Get automatic protection and access to your important computer files.
      > > Install today:
      > >
      > > -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document Vault
      > > -- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/jasspa/?m=1

      > Bastian Kruse w3krus01@...-passau.de

      > Learn more with SmartPlanet. It's a new way of learning online.
      > SmartPlanet offers hundreds of courses to take on your time,

      Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green
      Principal Design Engineer

      SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd