RE: Some trash in the clearcase output window ... (solution)

  • Gomes, Pedro (NSN - PT/Amadora)
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2009
      RE: Some trash in the clearcase output window ... (solution)

      Hi All,
      Solution to the problem (I believe!)

      Replace line 1507 of clearcs.emf by the above line: (just a wrong variable)
      insert-string &spr "cd %s\nClearCase diff -pred %s\n" #l9 &rep #l3 "\b" " "

      Regards,
      Pedro

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 23, 2009
        Pedro,

        You have identified the issue and your fix will improve things, where it will slightly fail is when you do a diff of more than one file - your solution will list only one of the files (the last one).

        Perhaps a better solution is as follows:

        *** d:\me\macros\clearcs.emf.~0~    Sun Aug 30 22:31:35 2009
        --- d:\me\macros\clearcs.emf    Wed Sep 23 16:58:04 2009
        ***************
        *** 1425,1430 ****
        --- 1425,1431 ----
              0 cc-get-file-list 0 0
              !force 0 delete-buffer "*cc-diff-res*"
              find-buffer "*cc-cmdline*"
        +     set-variable #l0 @wl
              set-variable #l8 1
              set-variable #l1 .cc-get-file-list.fcount
              !while &pdec #l1 1

        I think this is what I had intended, but lucky me no longer has the misery of having to use ClearCase :-) could you please test this fix with both one, two (and more) files being diff'ed (remember to undo your fix first).

        Thanks,

        Steve

        Gomes, Pedro (NSN - PT/Amadora) wrote:

        Hi All,
        Solution to the problem (I believe!)

        Replace line 1507 of clearcs.emf by the above line: (just a wrong variable)
        insert-string &spr "cd %s\nClearCase diff -pred %s\n" #l9 &rep #l3 "\b" " "

        Regards,
        Pedro

      • azynheira
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 23, 2009
          Hi Steve,
          You're quite right! I tested it and it works!

          Thanks,
          Pedro