[jasspa] Re: Re: ME doesn´t use the full screen/increase font si

  • KRUSE BASTIAN
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2000
      Hello Jon,

      > but it did occupy the whole of the LCD area. To compensate,
      > within ME then in the startup file modify the screen depth i.e.
      >
      > 47 change-screen-depth

      i have just had a look at the me files. What´s the name of the
      startup file where I find the "change-screen-depth"
      I have also had a look at compaq, here is the list of there dos
      tools:
      I have had a look at the tools. I couldn´t figure out which one you
      might have used. Do you remember the name, perhaps ?
      Thanks !

      Bastian

      The list is also at:
      http://www.compaq.com/support/files/portables/us/1_30.html#5

      ROMPaqs and System Software Current Version Previous
      Version(s) Computer Setup and Diagnostics for Portables 1.12 Rev. B

      Computer Setup for Portables 1.50 Rev. A

      Personal Computer Diagnostics 10.11 Rev. B
      13 Mar 1998 10.10 Rev. C

      System ROMPaq .96.05.16 Rev. A

      Storage Current Version Previous Version(s)
      Hard Disk Partition Restoration Utility 1.00 Rev. A

      Operating Systems and Software Enhancements Current Version Previous
      Version(s)
      Enable for QBASIC Programs 1.50 Rev. A

      Supplemental Programs 2.01 Rev. A
      17 Apr 1996 1.08 Rev. A

      Communications Current Version Previous Version(s)
      Compaq 288 Modem ROMPaq 1.056 Rev. B
      21 May 1997 1.056 Rev. A

      Compaq Speedpaq 192 Fax/Modem ROMPaq 1.11 Rev. A

      Compaq Speedpaq 288 Modem and Global 28.8 Modem ROMPaq 1.23 Rev. A 12
      Aug 1997 1.22 Rev. A

      Compaq Speedpaq 288 Modem Users Guide 1.10 Rev. B

      Netelligent 56K PCMCIA Fax Modem INF File 1.12 Rev. A

      Utilities Current Version Previous Version(s)
      Compaq Pagemarq 15 and Pagemarq 20 Drivers for Lotus 1-2-3 1.00 Rev. A

      EPP Support Utility 2.00 Rev. A

      Extended RAM Memory Display Beyond 15MB Utility 1.50 Rev. A

      Parallel Port Configuration 1.00 Rev. A

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2000
        Hello,

        it is working at the moment !
        I put "yes" in the user setup where it says double line (it is the
        point under grapic mode). Then saved it.
        Then I exit me. Restarted me and put "no" to the point double line.
        Saved the configuration.
        Restarted microemacs.
        Now microemacs uses the whole screen. Looks normal to me now.
        I can reproduce this. I tried it with a new configuration of
        microemacs. I don´t know the reason for that. Only thing I recognized
        is that microemacs created a new guest.eff. It was also said - as
        far as I remember - that it created the guest.eff in
        c:\windows\guest.eff although I don´t have such a directory. The new
        guest file lies in my me directory.

        > > but it did occupy the whole of the LCD area. To compensate,
        > > within ME then in the startup file modify the screen depth i.e.
        > >
        > > 47 change-screen-depth

        I guess I would have to create my own startup file and make me use it
        in user-setup ? Is that correct ?
        Thanks for your help Jon.

        Bastian