JASSPA MicroEmacs 2009 - Beta version release.

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31 11:53 AM
      A Beta version of MicroEmacs 2009 has been uploaded to

      http://www.jasspa.com/release_20090909

      This also includes a new Windows installer setup.exe.
      Any problems then please let us know.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
        Jon Green wrote:
        > A Beta version of MicroEmacs 2009 has been uploaded to
        >
        > http://www.jasspa.com/release_20090909
        >
        > This also includes a new Windows installer setup.exe.
        > Any problems then please let us know.

        The Windows version of the installer has been updated to v2 with some
        minor corrections and a different selection mechanism for the file
        associations.

        Ensure that any existing JASSPA installation is explicitly uninstalled
        before performing any installation with this version.

        Jon.
      • Deak, Ferenc
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
          On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Jon Green<jon@...> wrote:

          > A Beta version of MicroEmacs 2009 has been uploaded to
          >
          > http://www.jasspa.com/release_20090909
          >
          > This also includes a new Windows installer setup.exe.
          > Any problems then please let us know.

          Compiled successfully on the latest debian stable release (5.0/lenny), now
          testing it...

          Thanks for the new release.

          Ferenc Deak
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
            Deak, Ferenc wrote:
            > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Jon Green<jon@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> A Beta version of MicroEmacs 2009 has been uploaded to
            >>
            >> http://www.jasspa.com/release_20090909
            >>
            >> This also includes a new Windows installer setup.exe.
            >> Any problems then please let us know.
            >>

            > Compiled successfully on the latest debian stable release (5.0/lenny), now
            > testing it...
            >
            > Thanks for the new release.
            >
            > Ferenc Deak

            Hi Ferenc Deak,

            Thanks for the info. There are a few more minor tweaks and changes to
            appear in the next few days. We hope to complete and publicly publish by
            the beginning of next week.

            Win32: We know that the Windows setup v2 is missing a link to the help
            file on XP (can temporary fix by changing the help file from me.hlp to
            me.chm)

          • lechee lai
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
              thanks the release
                Compiled success on ubuntu 9.04
              for console version
              build -t c
              -------------
              file.oc: In function `readin':
              file.c:(.text+0x4213): warning: `sys_errlist' is deprecated; use `strerror' or `strerror_r' instead
              spawn.oc: In function `__mkTempName':
              spawn.c:(.text+0x2937): warning: the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp' or `mkdtemp'
              -----------

              您的生活即時通 - 溝通、娛樂、生活、工作一次搞定!
              http://messenger.yahoo.com.tw/
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009
                I have been ignoring these warnings for a while now.... seems to work okay,

                Steve

                file.oc: In function `readin':
                file.c:(.text+ 0x4213): warning: `sys_errlist' is deprecated; use `strerror' or `strerror_r' instead
                spawn.oc: In function `__mkTempName' :
                spawn.c:(.text+ 0x2937): warning: the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp' or `mkdtemp'

                您的生活即時通 - 溝通、娛樂、生活、工作一次搞定!
                http://messenger. yahoo.com. tw/