Re: [jasspa] New version?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30 4:35 AM
      cp200205 wrote:
      > Is there going to be a new release of MicroEmacs? Looking, it seems the last release was in 2006?
      >
      > Jeremy

      Hi Jeremy,

      There will be when we get some time. At the moment we do not have that
      much time to do it, a release cycle will typically take us 1-2 months
      and neither of us have that much time available at the moment. Sounds a
      little lame because it has been 3 years, but have been busy for 3 years!

      We dropped a development snapshot here some time ago:

      http://www.jasspa.com/development/

      which is mainly a few minor bug fixes and some extended features such as
      built in grep and find (i.e. do not need external program) which is
      pretty handy. There is nothing wrong with this release as far as we know
      and is solid. There is a pre-built windows binary, source and the macros.

      The only thing that is preventing us from making a new release is the
      outstanding documentation items. As soon as we find time to bring the
      documentation up to date then we will be able to make a new release and
      issue. Maybe we should not be so strict as to require that the
      documentation should match the release; but that is just the way that we
      are and until everything is fully consistent then we will not make that
      final release.

      So by all means move over to the development binaries/source it is
      stable for everyday use (and is what we are using).