[jasspa] Re: Re: ME doesn´t use the full screen/increase font si

  • KRUSE BASTIAN
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20 3:53 AM
      Hello John,

      thanks for your answer,

      I have got a Acrobat 386 SX25 Laptop.
      I´ll have a look at the Compaq tool.
      Maybe it works with the Acrobat Laptop, too.
      What is kind of strange is the fact, that UE Microemacs 4.00 uses the
      whole screen.
      Thanks,

      Bastian

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20 4:51 AM
        Hello Jon,

        > but it did occupy the whole of the LCD area. To compensate,
        > within ME then in the startup file modify the screen depth i.e.
        >
        > 47 change-screen-depth

        i have just had a look at the me files. What´s the name of the
        startup file where I find the "change-screen-depth"
        I have also had a look at compaq, here is the list of there dos
        tools:
        I have had a look at the tools. I couldn´t figure out which one you
        might have used. Do you remember the name, perhaps ?
        Thanks !

        Bastian

        The list is also at:
        http://www.compaq.com/support/files/portables/us/1_30.html#5

        ROMPaqs and System Software Current Version Previous
        Version(s) Computer Setup and Diagnostics for Portables 1.12 Rev. B

        Computer Setup for Portables 1.50 Rev. A

        Personal Computer Diagnostics 10.11 Rev. B
        13 Mar 1998 10.10 Rev. C

        System ROMPaq .96.05.16 Rev. A

        Storage Current Version Previous Version(s)
        Hard Disk Partition Restoration Utility 1.00 Rev. A

        Operating Systems and Software Enhancements Current Version Previous
        Version(s)
        Enable for QBASIC Programs 1.50 Rev. A

        Supplemental Programs 2.01 Rev. A
        17 Apr 1996 1.08 Rev. A

        Communications Current Version Previous Version(s)
        Compaq 288 Modem ROMPaq 1.056 Rev. B
        21 May 1997 1.056 Rev. A

        Compaq Speedpaq 192 Fax/Modem ROMPaq 1.11 Rev. A

        Compaq Speedpaq 288 Modem and Global 28.8 Modem ROMPaq 1.23 Rev. A 12
        Aug 1997 1.22 Rev. A

        Compaq Speedpaq 288 Modem Users Guide 1.10 Rev. B

        Netelligent 56K PCMCIA Fax Modem INF File 1.12 Rev. A

        Utilities Current Version Previous Version(s)
        Compaq Pagemarq 15 and Pagemarq 20 Drivers for Lotus 1-2-3 1.00 Rev. A

        EPP Support Utility 2.00 Rev. A

        Extended RAM Memory Display Beyond 15MB Utility 1.50 Rev. A

        Parallel Port Configuration 1.00 Rev. A

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 20 5:59 AM
          Hello,

          it is working at the moment !
          I put "yes" in the user setup where it says double line (it is the
          point under grapic mode). Then saved it.
          Then I exit me. Restarted me and put "no" to the point double line.
          Saved the configuration.
          Restarted microemacs.
          Now microemacs uses the whole screen. Looks normal to me now.
          I can reproduce this. I tried it with a new configuration of
          microemacs. I don´t know the reason for that. Only thing I recognized
          is that microemacs created a new guest.eff. It was also said - as
          far as I remember - that it created the guest.eff in
          c:\windows\guest.eff although I don´t have such a directory. The new
          guest file lies in my me directory.

          > > but it did occupy the whole of the LCD area. To compensate,
          > > within ME then in the startup file modify the screen depth i.e.
          > >
          > > 47 change-screen-depth

          I guess I would have to create my own startup file and make me use it
          in user-setup ? Is that correct ?
          Thanks for your help Jon.

          Bastian