Re: [jasspa] vertical scrollbar missing

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 10, 2009
      On Tue 10/03/09 4:48 PM , "Christof Boeckler" microemacs@... sent:
      > Thanks!
      >
      > *Now* everything works, but until I changed the settings in setup (from
      > narrow, no splitter to something else and back) my scrollbar looked like
      > this:
      >
      > http://jamesie.de/tmp/useless.png
      > i.e. rather useless, although I had over 70 lines. At first I thought it
      > was because of my new bigger screen (1600x1200 res.). But now it works
      > fine.The screenshot above looks like a little bug to me.
      >
      > Christof

      Ah OK. Agreed that is not very clever.

      Does not do that in my version here but then again it has been patched on numerous occasions and so has likely been fixed.

      We really need to splash another release.

      Jon.

      ---- Message sent via KC WebMail - http://webmail.mistral.net/
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 10, 2009
        Jon Green wrote:

        > On Tue 10/03/09 4:48 PM , "Christof Boeckler" microemacs@... sent:
        >> Thanks!
        >>
        >> *Now* everything works, but until I changed the settings in setup (from
        >> narrow, no splitter to something else and back) my scrollbar looked like
        >> this:
        >>
        >> http://jamesie.de/tmp/useless.png
        >> i.e. rather useless, although I had over 70 lines. At first I thought it
        >> was because of my new bigger screen (1600x1200 res.). But now it works
        >> fine.The screenshot above looks like a little bug to me.
        >>
        >> Christof
        >
        > Ah OK. Agreed that is not very clever.
        >
        > Does not do that in my version here but then again it has been patched on numerous occasions and so has likely been fixed.
        >
        > We really need to splash another release.

        I've posted a development snapshot on the site.

        http://www.jasspa.com/development/me20090310_dev_snapshot/

        There is also a pre-built Windows binary. If you have a Windows install
        from InstallShield the simple way to update is to over-write the
        me32.exe and macro files in c:/Program Files/Jasspa/MicroEmacs with the new.

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 11, 2009
          Hey has anyone done anything along the lines of making a native Mac
          version? By native I mean not X11, which works great, but using their
          real window manager, Carbon or whatever they call it. There's a bit of
          extra functionality that could be gained by this: being able to drag and
          drop onto a running window, better clipboard functionality, etc.

          Thomas Hundt <tom@...> +1-415-867-6698
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 12, 2009
            Thomas Hundt wrote:
            > Hey has anyone done anything along the lines of making a native Mac
            > version? By native I mean not X11, which works great, but using their
            > real window manager, Carbon or whatever they call it. There's a bit of
            > extra functionality that could be gained by this: being able to drag and
            > drop onto a running window, better clipboard functionality, etc.

            Hi Thomas,

            I'm afraid not. We have been so busy we have not made any releases of
            just the base stuff so Mac seems a long way away.