Re: [jasspa] vertical scrollbar missing

  • Christof Boeckler
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 10, 2009
      Thanks!

      *Now* everything works, but until I changed the settings in setup (from
      narrow, no splitter to something else and back) my scrollbar looked like
      this:

      http://jamesie.de/tmp/useless.png

      i.e. rather useless, although I had over 70 lines. At first I thought it
      was because of my new bigger screen (1600x1200 res.). But now it works fine.
      The screenshot above looks like a little bug to me.

      Christof

      Jon Green schrieb:

      > Christof Boeckler wrote:
      > > Hi!
      > > Long time - no mail :-)
      > >
      > > I don't remember the time when I first noticed this, but at the
      > moment my
      > > ME lacks a vertical scroll bar. Is this a configurable feature or more
      > > some king of buggy behaviour?
      > > If configurable, how can I reenable it?
      > >

      > M-x user-setup
      > Platform->Scroll Bars
      >
      > Jon.

      Gruß
      Christof Böckler

      Gruß
      Christof Böckler

      --
      What is money? http://moneyasdebt.net/
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 10, 2009
        Yeah, this is how mine looked too, when I turned it on. That's why I
        said I thought the $scroll variables had to be messed with.

        -Tom Hundt

        --
        Thomas Hundt <tom@...> +1-415-867-6698
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 10, 2009
          On Tue 10/03/09 4:48 PM , "Christof Boeckler" microemacs@... sent:
          > Thanks!
          >
          > *Now* everything works, but until I changed the settings in setup (from
          > narrow, no splitter to something else and back) my scrollbar looked like
          > this:
          >
          > http://jamesie.de/tmp/useless.png
          > i.e. rather useless, although I had over 70 lines. At first I thought it
          > was because of my new bigger screen (1600x1200 res.). But now it works
          > fine.The screenshot above looks like a little bug to me.
          >
          > Christof

          Ah OK. Agreed that is not very clever.

          Does not do that in my version here but then again it has been patched on numerous occasions and so has likely been fixed.

          We really need to splash another release.

          Jon.

          ---- Message sent via KC WebMail - http://webmail.mistral.net/
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 10, 2009
            Jon Green wrote:

            > On Tue 10/03/09 4:48 PM , "Christof Boeckler" microemacs@... sent:
            >> Thanks!
            >>
            >> *Now* everything works, but until I changed the settings in setup (from
            >> narrow, no splitter to something else and back) my scrollbar looked like
            >> this:
            >>
            >> http://jamesie.de/tmp/useless.png
            >> i.e. rather useless, although I had over 70 lines. At first I thought it
            >> was because of my new bigger screen (1600x1200 res.). But now it works
            >> fine.The screenshot above looks like a little bug to me.
            >>
            >> Christof
            >
            > Ah OK. Agreed that is not very clever.
            >
            > Does not do that in my version here but then again it has been patched on numerous occasions and so has likely been fixed.
            >
            > We really need to splash another release.

            I've posted a development snapshot on the site.

            http://www.jasspa.com/development/me20090310_dev_snapshot/

            There is also a pre-built Windows binary. If you have a Windows install
            from InstallShield the simple way to update is to over-write the
            me32.exe and macro files in c:/Program Files/Jasspa/MicroEmacs with the new.

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 11, 2009
              Hey has anyone done anything along the lines of making a native Mac
              version? By native I mean not X11, which works great, but using their
              real window manager, Carbon or whatever they call it. There's a bit of
              extra functionality that could be gained by this: being able to drag and
              drop onto a running window, better clipboard functionality, etc.

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 12, 2009
                Thomas Hundt wrote:
                > Hey has anyone done anything along the lines of making a native Mac
                > version? By native I mean not X11, which works great, but using their
                > real window manager, Carbon or whatever they call it. There's a bit of
                > extra functionality that could be gained by this: being able to drag and
                > drop onto a running window, better clipboard functionality, etc.

                Hi Thomas,

                I'm afraid not. We have been so busy we have not made any releases of
                just the base stuff so Mac seems a long way away.