vertical scrollbar missing

  • Christof Boeckler
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 9, 2009
      Hi!
      Long time - no mail :-)

      I don't remember the time when I first noticed this, but at the moment my
      ME lacks a vertical scroll bar. Is this a configurable feature or more
      some king of buggy behaviour?
      If configurable, how can I reenable it?

      Thanks in advance!

      Christof
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 9, 2009
        I think View -> Scroll Bars turns them on.
        And then some of the $scroll variables configure them.
        (Do M-x list-variables, look for the ones named $scroll-something, and
        double-click on them to get the manpages.)
        I never use the scrollbars.

        -Tom Hundt

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 9, 2009
          Christof Boeckler wrote:
          > Hi!
          > Long time - no mail :-)
          >
          > I don't remember the time when I first noticed this, but at the moment my
          > ME lacks a vertical scroll bar. Is this a configurable feature or more
          > some king of buggy behaviour?
          > If configurable, how can I reenable it?

          M-x user-setup
          Platform->Scroll Bars

          Jon.
        • Christof Boeckler
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 10, 2009
            Thanks!

            *Now* everything works, but until I changed the settings in setup (from
            narrow, no splitter to something else and back) my scrollbar looked like
            this:

            http://jamesie.de/tmp/useless.png

            i.e. rather useless, although I had over 70 lines. At first I thought it
            was because of my new bigger screen (1600x1200 res.). But now it works fine.
            The screenshot above looks like a little bug to me.

            Christof

            Jon Green schrieb:

            > Christof Boeckler wrote:
            > > Hi!
            > > Long time - no mail :-)
            > >
            > > I don't remember the time when I first noticed this, but at the
            > moment my
            > > ME lacks a vertical scroll bar. Is this a configurable feature or more
            > > some king of buggy behaviour?
            > > If configurable, how can I reenable it?
            > >

            > M-x user-setup
            > Platform->Scroll Bars
            >
            > Jon.

            Gruß
            Christof Böckler

            Gruß
            Christof Böckler

            --
            What is money? http://moneyasdebt.net/
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 10, 2009
              Yeah, this is how mine looked too, when I turned it on. That's why I
              said I thought the $scroll variables had to be messed with.

              -Tom Hundt

              --
              Thomas Hundt <tom@...> +1-415-867-6698
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 10, 2009
                On Tue 10/03/09 4:48 PM , "Christof Boeckler" microemacs@... sent:
                > Thanks!
                >
                > *Now* everything works, but until I changed the settings in setup (from
                > narrow, no splitter to something else and back) my scrollbar looked like
                > this:
                >
                > http://jamesie.de/tmp/useless.png
                > i.e. rather useless, although I had over 70 lines. At first I thought it
                > was because of my new bigger screen (1600x1200 res.). But now it works
                > fine.The screenshot above looks like a little bug to me.
                >
                > Christof

                Ah OK. Agreed that is not very clever.

                Does not do that in my version here but then again it has been patched on numerous occasions and so has likely been fixed.

                We really need to splash another release.

                Jon.

                ---- Message sent via KC WebMail - http://webmail.mistral.net/
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 10, 2009
                  Jon Green wrote:

                  > On Tue 10/03/09 4:48 PM , "Christof Boeckler" microemacs@... sent:
                  >> Thanks!
                  >>
                  >> *Now* everything works, but until I changed the settings in setup (from
                  >> narrow, no splitter to something else and back) my scrollbar looked like
                  >> this:
                  >>
                  >> http://jamesie.de/tmp/useless.png
                  >> i.e. rather useless, although I had over 70 lines. At first I thought it
                  >> was because of my new bigger screen (1600x1200 res.). But now it works
                  >> fine.The screenshot above looks like a little bug to me.
                  >>
                  >> Christof
                  >
                  > Ah OK. Agreed that is not very clever.
                  >
                  > Does not do that in my version here but then again it has been patched on numerous occasions and so has likely been fixed.
                  >
                  > We really need to splash another release.

                  I've posted a development snapshot on the site.

                  http://www.jasspa.com/development/me20090310_dev_snapshot/

                  There is also a pre-built Windows binary. If you have a Windows install
                  from InstallShield the simple way to update is to over-write the
                  me32.exe and macro files in c:/Program Files/Jasspa/MicroEmacs with the new.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 11, 2009
                    Hey has anyone done anything along the lines of making a native Mac
                    version? By native I mean not X11, which works great, but using their
                    real window manager, Carbon or whatever they call it. There's a bit of
                    extra functionality that could be gained by this: being able to drag and
                    drop onto a running window, better clipboard functionality, etc.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 12, 2009
                      Thomas Hundt wrote:
                      > Hey has anyone done anything along the lines of making a native Mac
                      > version? By native I mean not X11, which works great, but using their
                      > real window manager, Carbon or whatever they call it. There's a bit of
                      > extra functionality that could be gained by this: being able to drag and
                      > drop onto a running window, better clipboard functionality, etc.

                      Hi Thomas,

                      I'm afraid not. We have been so busy we have not made any releases of
                      just the base stuff so Mac seems a long way away.