Re: [jasspa] GPL license ??

  • s. keeling
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2008
      Incoming from Pablo Mercader Alcantara:
      > I heard from a friend that it is not posible to free a software that
      > started as a comercial software because the original author of the
      > software can veto the new license ?

      Certainly, they can veto it. He didn't in this case.

      "Special thanks to Danial M. Lawrence, the original author and
      copyright holder of MicroEmacs, for granting us permission to
      change the licensing terms of our distribution."

      That's on http://www.jasspa.com

      [That page mis-spells Daniel, btw.]
      (*)
      - -