me find-tag

  • Lechee.Lai
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21, 2008
      does me fans can hint me how to use find-tag
      how find-tag for duplication tag, where is find-tag-back? or how to
      use me for source code browsing :-)

      thanks
      Lechee
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 23, 2008
        Use Tools -> <file-type> Tools -> Generate Tags File to generate a tags file, if this is not available you will need to generate a tags file via another route. Once you have a tags file put the cursor on any function name, type etc and execute find-tag (usually bound to 'esc t'), to go to the next duplicate tag execute find-tag with a numeric argument of 4, i.e. esc 4 esc x find-tag (usually bound to 'esc C-t'). ME does not currently support going backwards.

        See help page on the find-tag command form more information.

        Steve

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 24, 2008
          here work around for tag-back support
          ----
          ; -!- emf -!-
          ; Created: 2oo8
          ; Synopsis: Another TAGs
          ; Authors: Lechee Lai

          define-macro atags-next
          set-variable #l8 $buffer-fname
          set-variable #l9 $window-line
          set-variable #l7 &spr "vgrep --sinfo %s %s" #l8 #l9
          shell-command #l7
          4 find-tag
          !emacro

          define-macro atags
          set-variable #l8 $buffer-fname
          set-variable #l9 $window-line
          !if &inw @wc
          set-variable #l0 $window-col
          forward-char
          backward-word
          set-variable #l1 $window-col
          forward-word
          set-variable .osd.pat-cur &mid @wl #l1 &sub $window-col #l1
          set-variable $window-col #l0
          !else
          set-variable .osd.pat-cur ""
          !endif

          set-variable #l1 @ml1 "Atags" .osd.pat-cur
          !if &less &len #l1 1
          ml-write "Atags Cancel!"
          !return
          !endif
          find-file %tag-file
          set-position "\x88"
          goto-line 1
          set-variable #l0 @wl
          goto-position "\x88"
          !if &gre &len #l0 10
          ml-write "right TAGs"
          !else
          !force 0 delete-buffer "tags"
          ml-write "no *tags* founded..."
          !return
          !endif
          set-variable #l2 &spr "^%s" #l1
          !force search-buffer "em" #l2
          !if $status
          ; found string
          set-variable #l7 &spr "vgrep --sinfo %s %s" #l8 #l9
          shell-command #l7
          ml-write "stack saved"
          set-variable #l0 @wl
          !if &gre &set #l6 &rsin "/^" #l0 1
          set-variable #l4 &lef #l0 &sub #l6 1
          set-variable #l5 &rig #l0 &sub #l6 1
          !else
          set-variable #l4 #l0
          set-variable #l5 ""
          !endif
          forward-word
          !force search-buffer "em" #l2
          !if $status
          set-variable #l3 1
          ml-write "Duplicate founded C-n for Next".
          !force 0 delete-buffer "tags"
          !else
          set-variable #l3 0
          !force 0 delete-buffer "tags"
          !endif
          2 find-tag #l1
          delete-other-windows
          !else
          ; not found
          !force 0 delete-buffer "tags"
          ml-write "Symbol not founded..."

          define-macro back-tag
          shell-command "vgrep --gline"
          find-file "/tmp/!!tagname"
          set-position "\x88"
          goto-line 1
          set-variable #l0 @wl
          goto-position "\x88"
          !if &gre &len #l0 5
          end-of-buffer
          backward-line
          set-variable #l3 @wl
          !if &gre &set #l6 &rsin " " #l3 1
          set-variable #l4 &lef #l3 &sub #l6 1
          set-variable #l5 &rig #l3 &sub #l6 1
          !endif
          !force 0 delete-buffer "!!tagname"
          find-file #l4
          goto-line #l5
          shell-command "vgrep --rline"
          !else
          !force 0 delete-buffer "!!tagname"
          ml-write "no more TAG stack"
          !return
          Since I don't know some function in macro so vgrep as dummy for patch
          1. how to check the file is exist or zero file
          2. --sinfo %s %s -- store current $buffer-fname and line number
          3. --rline -- remove last line from foo.idx
          4. --gline -- get last line from foo.idx and copy to
          /tmp/!!tagname

          --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@...> wrote:

          > Use Tools -> <file-type> Tools -> Generate Tags File to generate a
          tags
          > file, if this is not available you will need to generate a tags file
          via
          > another route. Once you have a tags file put the cursor on any
          function
          > name, type etc and execute find-tag (usually bound to 'esc t'), to go
          > the next duplicate tag execute find-tag with a numeric argument of 4,
          > i.e. esc 4 esc x find-tag (usually bound to 'esc C-t'). ME does not
          > currently support going backwards.
          >
          > See help page on the find-tag command form more information.
          >
          > Steve
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Lechee.Lai
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 29, 2008
            this version should working
            -----
            ; -!- emf -!-
            ; Created: 2oo8
            ; Synopsis: Another TAGs with tag-back
            ; Authors: Lechee Lai

            0 define-macro save-tagname
            set-variable #l8 &cat $home "fte.idx"
            find-file #l8
            end-of-buffer
            set-variable #l9 &spr "%s %s\n" %tagname %tagline
            insert-string #l9
            0 save-buffer
            !force 0 delete-buffer "fte.idx"
            ml-write "stack saved"
            !emacro

            define-macro atags-next
            set-variable %tagname $buffer-fname
            set-variable %tagline $window-line
            save-tagname
            4 find-tag
            !emacro

            define-macro atags
[...]

            save-tagname ; store in %tagname %tagline
            set-variable #l0 @wl
            !if &gre &set #l6 &rsin "/^" #l0 1
            set-variable #l4 &lef #l0 &sub #l6 1
            set-variable #l5 &rig #l0 &sub #l6 1
            !else
            set-variable #l4 #l0
            set-variable #l5 ""
            !endif
            forward-word
            !force search-buffer "em" #l2
            !if $status
            ml-write "Duplicate founded C-n for Next".
            !force 0 delete-buffer "tags"
            !else
            !force 0 delete-buffer "tags"
            !endif
            2 find-tag #l1
            delete-other-windows
            !else
            ; not found
            !force 0 delete-buffer "tags"
            ml-write "Symbol not founded..."

            define-macro getline
            set-variable #l0 &cat $home "fte.idx"
            find-file #l0
            end-of-buffer
            !if &gre $window-line 1
            backward-line
            !else
            !force 0 delete-buffer "fte.idx"
            set-variable %tagback ""
            ml-write "Empty Stack"
            !return
            !endif
            set-variable %tagback ""
            ml-write $window-line
            !if &gre $window-line 1
            set-variable %tagback @wl
            beginning-of-line
            1 kill-line
            0 save-buffer
            !force 0 delete-buffer "fte.idx"
            ml-write "tagback"
            !else
            set-variable #l0 @wl
            !if &len #l0 5
            set-variable %tagback @wl
            beginning-of-line
            1 kill-line
            0 save-buffer
            !force 0 delete-buffer "fte.idx"
            ml-write "tagback 0"
            !else
            ml-write "Empty Stack"
            set-variable %tagback ""
            !force 0 delete-buffer "fte.idx"
            !return

            define-macro back-tag
            getline
            !if &len %tagback 1
            set-variable #l3 %tagback
            !else
            !return
            !endif
            !if &gre &len #l3 1
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 30, 2008
              my goal hope duplicate tags should have selection :-p