Re: [jasspa] Re: BUG [September 2008 beta] - Win32

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
      Phillips, Steven wrote:
      > This is probably one of my bugs and I've just not had a chance to look
      > into it yet - sorry.
      >
      > As for a release, I think we should generate one but as the majority of
      > this is done by Jon, it is definitely his call...

      Hi Pedro,

      I'm catching up with the out of date documentation at the moment which
      is the biggest job. Lets say its more than a few weeks away at the
      moment. Once that is done we start rolling up the code into packages and
      roll out the odd beta.

      So don't hold your breath, I'd be aiming for end of August by the time
      that we have built across all platforms a number of times to validate
      the release. We also need to validate a MS Vista install somehow, this
      might be a bit of a problem because I do not have Vista and do not know
      anybody that is running it either - so if you have run ME on Vista I
      would love to know how you got on. Also I'm also considering swapping
      Windows installer and moving to the Nullsoft installer.

    • Jeremy Cowgar
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
        Jon,

        I am using Vista and have had no problems what-so-ever. I do spend a
        most of my time in vim though (sorry) because of an indenting problem I
        have with the language I am working in the most (Euphoria). Were you
        ever able to look at that? It delt with indenting:

        constant abc = 10,
        ....def=20,
        ...hij=40

        no periods of course.

        Also, I will be happy to try anything you want to test specifically on
        Vista., Just let me know.

        Jeremy

        Jon Green wrote:

        > So don't hold your breath, I'd be aiming for end of August by the time
        > that we have built across all platforms a number of times to validate
        > the release. We also need to validate a MS Vista install somehow, this
        > might be a bit of a problem because I do not have Vista and do not know
        > anybody that is running it either - so if you have run ME on Vista I
        > would love to know how you got on. Also I'm also considering swapping
        > Windows installer and moving to the Nullsoft installer.

      • Pedro Gomes
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
          Hi All,
          I was surely not making any pressure at all :-) Just wondering that's
          all :-)

          I totally understand your various points and I'll stop holding my
          breath. :P

          Concerning the MS Vista thing you pointed out, I've been using it for
          some months now (with ME of course!) for some development work I have
          underway without any crashes; and to be honest I dont mind building
          the binaries and performing some tests (live or some testbenches you
          might have!) in order to test MS Vista.

          So, these are just my 2 cents :-)

          Kind Regards,
          Pedro