Re: BUG [September 2008 beta] - Win32

  • Pedro Gomes
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 15 7:24 AM
      Hello Jon,
      Do you have any news concerning the fix for this problem ?

      Any news concerning the new release of MicroEmacs?

      Regards,
      Pedro
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 15 7:50 AM
        This is probably one of my bugs and I've just not had a chance to look into it yet - sorry.

        As for a release, I think we should generate one but as the majority of this is done by Jon, it is definitely his call...

        Steve

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 15 2:16 PM
          Phillips, Steven wrote:
          > This is probably one of my bugs and I've just not had a chance to look
          > into it yet - sorry.
          >
          > As for a release, I think we should generate one but as the majority of
          > this is done by Jon, it is definitely his call...

          Hi Pedro,

          I'm catching up with the out of date documentation at the moment which
          is the biggest job. Lets say its more than a few weeks away at the
          moment. Once that is done we start rolling up the code into packages and
          roll out the odd beta.

          So don't hold your breath, I'd be aiming for end of August by the time
          that we have built across all platforms a number of times to validate
          the release. We also need to validate a MS Vista install somehow, this
          might be a bit of a problem because I do not have Vista and do not know
          anybody that is running it either - so if you have run ME on Vista I
          would love to know how you got on. Also I'm also considering swapping
          Windows installer and moving to the Nullsoft installer.

        • Jeremy Cowgar
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 15 2:39 PM
            Jon,

            I am using Vista and have had no problems what-so-ever. I do spend a
            most of my time in vim though (sorry) because of an indenting problem I
            have with the language I am working in the most (Euphoria). Were you
            ever able to look at that? It delt with indenting:

            constant abc = 10,
            ....def=20,
            ...hij=40

            no periods of course.

            Also, I will be happy to try anything you want to test specifically on
            Vista., Just let me know.

            Jeremy

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 15 2:44 PM
              Hi All,
              I was surely not making any pressure at all :-) Just wondering that's
              all :-)

              I totally understand your various points and I'll stop holding my
              breath. :P

              Concerning the MS Vista thing you pointed out, I've been using it for
              some months now (with ME of course!) for some development work I have
              underway without any crashes; and to be honest I dont mind building
              the binaries and performing some tests (live or some testbenches you
              might have!) in order to test MS Vista.

              So, these are just my 2 cents :-)

              Kind Regards,
              Pedro