BUG [September 2008 beta] - Win32

  • Pedro Gomes
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
      Hello All,
      Found a problem in the assignment of the Sift-Left-Button assignment.
      It never seems to work (all the others and with the other buttons are
      correct - don't ask me why). And the only way I found to make it work
      was my forcing the load of the "mouse.emf" in the bottom of me.emf file.

      Below a piece of code to append the me.emf file.

      Please note I don't believe this is a nice and neat way to do it, but
      it does work :-)

      ----cut here----
      ; Load in the mouse handling routines if required
      !if &band $mouse 0x10
      !force exec-file "mouse"
      !endif
      ---cut here--------
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
        Pedro Gomes wrote:
        > Hello All,
        > Found a problem in the assignment of the Sift-Left-Button assignment.
        > It never seems to work (all the others and with the other buttons are
        > correct - don't ask me why). And the only way I found to make it work
        > was my forcing the load of the "mouse.emf" in the bottom of me.emf file.
        >
        > Below a piece of code to append the me.emf file.
        >
        > Please note I don't believe this is a nice and neat way to do it, but
        > it does work :-)
        >
        > ----cut here----
        > ; Load in the mouse handling routines if required
        > !if &band $mouse 0x10
        > !force exec-file "mouse"
        > !endif
        > ---cut here--------

        Hi Pedro,

        Are you referring to the the me20080218_dev_snapshot that is here:

        http://www.jasspa.com/development/me20080218_dev_snapshot/

        or the official September 2006 image?

        We should probably try to find some time to properly bundle the source
        code that we are using and make a full release with the latest bug fixes
        and features. There is some new stuff like the built-in grep and find
        that I just cannot do without - hence the snapshot which allowed me to
        get it onto some remote machines.

        As of the end of today I should have a brief window of availability and
        will try and muster enough time to do a full release. Sorry we have both
        been far too busy up to now to make this happen.

      • Pedro Gomes
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
          Hi Jon,

          Sorry about my dyslexia :P, but I was refering to the latest 2008
          development snapshot.

          It seems that only the 'Shift-LeftMouseButton' assignment is not
          working the mouse.emf file is not loaded prior to use. If I load it by
          using the code I sent added to the end of me.emf it works like a charm.

          Waiting for new stuff, is always swell.
          Regards,
          Pedro

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
            Hello Jon,
            Do you have any news concerning the fix for this problem ?

            Any news concerning the new release of MicroEmacs?

            Regards,
            Pedro
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
              This is probably one of my bugs and I've just not had a chance to look into it yet - sorry.

              As for a release, I think we should generate one but as the majority of this is done by Jon, it is definitely his call...

              Steve

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
                Phillips, Steven wrote:
                > This is probably one of my bugs and I've just not had a chance to look
                > into it yet - sorry.
                >
                > As for a release, I think we should generate one but as the majority of
                > this is done by Jon, it is definitely his call...

                Hi Pedro,

                I'm catching up with the out of date documentation at the moment which
                is the biggest job. Lets say its more than a few weeks away at the
                moment. Once that is done we start rolling up the code into packages and
                roll out the odd beta.

                So don't hold your breath, I'd be aiming for end of August by the time
                that we have built across all platforms a number of times to validate
                the release. We also need to validate a MS Vista install somehow, this
                might be a bit of a problem because I do not have Vista and do not know
                anybody that is running it either - so if you have run ME on Vista I
                would love to know how you got on. Also I'm also considering swapping
                Windows installer and moving to the Nullsoft installer.

              • Jeremy Cowgar
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
                  Jon,

                  I am using Vista and have had no problems what-so-ever. I do spend a
                  most of my time in vim though (sorry) because of an indenting problem I
                  have with the language I am working in the most (Euphoria). Were you
                  ever able to look at that? It delt with indenting:

                  constant abc = 10,
                  ....def=20,
                  ...hij=40

                  no periods of course.

                  Also, I will be happy to try anything you want to test specifically on
                  Vista., Just let me know.

                  Jeremy

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
                    Hi All,
                    I was surely not making any pressure at all :-) Just wondering that's
                    all :-)

                    I totally understand your various points and I'll stop holding my
                    breath. :P

                    Concerning the MS Vista thing you pointed out, I've been using it for
                    some months now (with ME of course!) for some development work I have
                    underway without any crashes; and to be honest I dont mind building
                    the binaries and performing some tests (live or some testbenches you
                    might have!) in order to test MS Vista.

                    So, these are just my 2 cents :-)

                    Kind Regards,
                    Pedro