Re: [jasspa] comma at end of line cause indent?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2008
      cp200205 wrote:
      > I have code like:
      >
      > constant NAME=1,
      > AGE=2,
      > DOB=3
      >
      > However, indenting is not working for it (my own mode). Indenting
      > works for everything else, but I cannot seem to make the above work.
      > Does anyone have any recipe for the above?
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Jeremy

      There is nothing for the indent to work against as there is no indent
      character like '{' or '(' so it simply defaults to an indent-width for a
      line continuation (in your case I assume 4).

      I assume that you are expecting it to magically align vertically with
      NAME above? To do this then you would need a rule. Even 'C' indentation
      does what you have above unless there is a '(' in there for expressions.

      Jon.
    • Jeremy Cowgar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 22, 2008
        Quoting Jon Green <jon@...>:
        > cp200205 wrote:
        > > I have code like:
        > >
        > > constant NAME=1,
        > > AGE=2,
        > > DOB=3
        > >
        > > However, indenting is not working for it (my own mode). Indenting
        > > works for everything else, but I cannot seem to make the above work.
        > > Does anyone have any recipe for the above?
        > >
        > > Thank you,
        > >
        > > Jeremy
        >
        > There is nothing for the indent to work against as there is no indent
        > character like '{' or '(' so it simply defaults to an indent-width for a
        > line continuation (in your case I assume 4).
        >
        > I assume that you are expecting it to magically align vertically with
        > NAME above? To do this then you would need a rule. Even 'C' indentation
        > does what you have above unless there is a '(' in there for expressions.

        Actually, all I want to do is a line continuation, that's all but I cannot
        seem to make it work correctly and am not finding an example except in
        hkruby.emf, but every time I add , to the list, it seems to mess quite a few
        things up.

        Jeremy