Re: [jasspa] Re: hi MicroEmacs Users and developers !!

    Message 1 of 5 , May 16, 2008
      Note: my suggestion pertained to running ME inside an xterm (in other
      words, 'me -n' or the 'mec' version which is console-only). Not as a
      native X app. So, if it's in a console window, and you've already
      figured out how to get the console window transparent, ME will be
      transparent, too (if you set the right background color). That's the
      theory, anyway. Maybe, as Jon says below, it's not possible.

      Re ncurses, I think most people, most of the time, use it as a native X
      app. And yes, you're probably right, ncurses/terminfo is newer than
      straight termcap... but every system I've seen so far has some kind of
      libtermcap available, so is there really a reason to retarget it? (For
      me, for example, I wouldn't spend time on that, since it works very well
      -- I'd rather port it to be a native Mac app, as that's where my
      interests lie at the moment.)

      Have fun

      -Tom Hundt