Re: RE: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file, goto-line

  • Bryan Schofield
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 10, 2008
      I'm afraid I can't find it, but I remember the changes were pretty
      simple. A couple of C files. This would have been 3 years or so ago...
      I can't search the Yahoo Groups archives (blocked by corporate web
      proxy) but I know I posted something, whether it was code or not I
      can't remember.

      On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Detlef Groth <dgroth@...> wrote:

      > Hi Brian,
      >
      > sounds very interesting,
      > do you have still some code around for the Tcl integration ?
      >
      > regards,
      > Detlef
      > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
      > > Datum: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:40:37 -0400
      > > Von: "Bryan Schofield" <schofield.bryan@...>
      > > An: MicroEmacs <jasspa@yahoogroups.com>
      > > Betreff: RE: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file, goto-line
      >

      > > Detlef -
      > >
      > > Once apon a time I integrated a TCL interpreter with MicroEmacs that
      > > provided a new ME command "tcl some tcl statement" and one new TCL
      > > command "emf some-me-macro" With just a little bit of macros and TCL
      > > procs it was very easy to get tight integration. It looks like you
      > > going down an ME based TCL IDE road, so this may be an option to
      > > consider.
      > >
      > > cheers
      > >
      > > -- bryan

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > Dr.Detlef Groth
      > Neue Scheune 5
      > 14548 Ferch
      > Germany

    • Dr. Detlef Groth
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 20, 2008
        Hi all,

        I finally found the time to interact with the ME-Server from an
        Tcl-Tree showing my project files see:
        http://www.dgroth.de/downloads/me-no-ide.png

        What disturbs me is that me opens a popup-window for the running
        me-server. If I have just one window I would rather see after clicking
        in the tree just again one window. This is especially true for the
        second feature goto-line where I would like to jum to a certain method
        of a class definition for example.

        I tried to comment out popup-window invokations inside meserver.emf
        but this does not work. Any idea ?

        regards,
        Detlef

        --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Steven Phillips <bill@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > 1 create-callback server-find-file-callback
        > !endif
        > !emacro
        >
        > *** meserver.emf 4 Oct 2006 20:07:08 -0000 2.10
        > --- meserver.emf 9 Apr 2008 20:53:03 -0000
        > ***************
        > *** 30,40 ****
        > !force 0 find-buffer #l4
        > !endif
        > !force execute-line #l3
        > - !if ¬ &seq $buffer-bname #l4
        > set-variable #l4 $buffer-bname
        > popup-window #l1
        > set-variable &ind &spr ":%s-buffer" #l2 #l4
        > - !endif
        > !elif &seq @wc "M"
        > set-variable #l2 &lget &rig @wl 1 1
        > set-variable #l3 &rig @wl &add 3 &len #l2
        > --- 30,38 ----
        >

        > Detlef Groth wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Steven,
        > >
        > > I think the only thing I really would like to do is opening a file or
        > > reusing an existing buffer and optional going to a certain line
        number
        > > if line number is not null. As can be seen in the example macro. The
        > > reason for this, that is that I want to implement a tree control in
        > > Tcl/Tk which keeps track of my files and Tcl-classes and Tcl-Procs.
        > > Klicking on file should visit the appropiate buffer, clicking on a
        > > class-method or a file should open the file and jump to the
        appropiate
        > > line. Similar to a Tcl-proc. See the sample.gif
        > >
        > > Such feature which are common to eclipse and komodo for instance. Our
        > > me- toolbar is quite handy but with many projects and files it
        becomes
        > > to difficult to use.
        > >
        > > regards,
        > > Detlef
        > >
        > > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
        > > > Datum: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 13:44:40 +0100
        > > > Von: Steven Phillips <bill@... <mailto:bill%40jasspa.com>>
        > > > An: jasspa@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jasspa%40yahoogroups.com>
        > > > Betreff: Re: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file,
        goto-line

        > > > The server interface has deliberately been restricted to avoid
        the user
        > > > accidentally breaking things (consider doing a large macro based
        > > > operation to modify the current buffer when the server interface
        > > changes
        > > > the current buffer half way through - the confusion this will
        create is
        > > > going to hurt). But if you are convinced that this really is
        what you
        > > > want (and you give up your right to sue when you corrupt your files
        > > :-))
        > > > then I'll look into how to do this...

        > > > This is an unmoderated list, but new members are moderated to
        ensure
        > > that
        > > > there are no spam users. JASSPA is not responsible for the
        content of
        > > > any material posted to this list.
        > > >
        > > > To un-subscribe, send a mail message to

        > > <mailto:jasspa-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

      • Dr. Detlef Groth
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 20, 2008
          Hi.

          sorry, but I found the solution myself. Of course I have to use just
          the server-find-file command from below instead of find-file:

          The Tcl-command is:
          exec $me -m "C:ME:server-find-file $path" &

          regards,
          Detlef