Re: RE: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file, goto-line

  • Detlef Groth
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 10, 2008
      Hi Brian,

      sounds very interesting,
      do you have still some code around for the Tcl integration ?

      regards,
      Detlef
      -------- Original-Nachricht --------
      > Datum: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:40:37 -0400
      > Von: "Bryan Schofield" <schofield.bryan@...>
      > An: MicroEmacs <jasspa@yahoogroups.com>
      > Betreff: RE: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file, goto-line

      > Detlef -
      >
      > Once apon a time I integrated a TCL interpreter with MicroEmacs that
      > provided a new ME command "tcl some tcl statement" and one new TCL
      > command "emf some-me-macro" With just a little bit of macros and TCL
      > procs it was very easy to get tight integration. It looks like you
      > going down an ME based TCL IDE road, so this may be an option to
      > consider.
      >
      > cheers
      >
      > -- bryan
      >
      > ------------------------------------

      Dr.Detlef Groth
      Neue Scheune 5
      14548 Ferch
      Germany
    • Bryan Schofield
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 10, 2008
        I'm afraid I can't find it, but I remember the changes were pretty
        simple. A couple of C files. This would have been 3 years or so ago...
        I can't search the Yahoo Groups archives (blocked by corporate web
        proxy) but I know I posted something, whether it was code or not I
        can't remember.

        On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Detlef Groth <dgroth@...> wrote:

        > Hi Brian,
        >
        > sounds very interesting,
        > do you have still some code around for the Tcl integration ?
        >
        > regards,
        > Detlef
        > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
        > > Datum: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:40:37 -0400
        > > Von: "Bryan Schofield" <schofield.bryan@...>
        > > An: MicroEmacs <jasspa@yahoogroups.com>
        > > Betreff: RE: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file, goto-line
        >

        > > Detlef -
        > >
        > > Once apon a time I integrated a TCL interpreter with MicroEmacs that
        > > provided a new ME command "tcl some tcl statement" and one new TCL
        > > command "emf some-me-macro" With just a little bit of macros and TCL
        > > procs it was very easy to get tight integration. It looks like you
        > > going down an ME based TCL IDE road, so this may be an option to
        > > consider.
        > >
        > > cheers
        > >
        > > -- bryan

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > --
        > Dr.Detlef Groth
        > Neue Scheune 5
        > 14548 Ferch
        > Germany

      • Dr. Detlef Groth
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 20 2:46 AM
          Hi all,

          I finally found the time to interact with the ME-Server from an
          Tcl-Tree showing my project files see:
          http://www.dgroth.de/downloads/me-no-ide.png

          What disturbs me is that me opens a popup-window for the running
          me-server. If I have just one window I would rather see after clicking
          in the tree just again one window. This is especially true for the
          second feature goto-line where I would like to jum to a certain method
          of a class definition for example.

          I tried to comment out popup-window invokations inside meserver.emf
          but this does not work. Any idea ?

          regards,
          Detlef

          --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Steven Phillips <bill@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > 1 create-callback server-find-file-callback
          > !endif
          > !emacro
          >
          > *** meserver.emf 4 Oct 2006 20:07:08 -0000 2.10
          > --- meserver.emf 9 Apr 2008 20:53:03 -0000
          > ***************
          > *** 30,40 ****
          > !force 0 find-buffer #l4
          > !endif
          > !force execute-line #l3
          > - !if ¬ &seq $buffer-bname #l4
          > set-variable #l4 $buffer-bname
          > popup-window #l1
          > set-variable &ind &spr ":%s-buffer" #l2 #l4
          > - !endif
          > !elif &seq @wc "M"
          > set-variable #l2 &lget &rig @wl 1 1
          > set-variable #l3 &rig @wl &add 3 &len #l2
          > --- 30,38 ----
          >

          > Detlef Groth wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Steven,
          > >
          > > I think the only thing I really would like to do is opening a file or
          > > reusing an existing buffer and optional going to a certain line
          number
          > > if line number is not null. As can be seen in the example macro. The
          > > reason for this, that is that I want to implement a tree control in
          > > Tcl/Tk which keeps track of my files and Tcl-classes and Tcl-Procs.
          > > Klicking on file should visit the appropiate buffer, clicking on a
          > > class-method or a file should open the file and jump to the
          appropiate
          > > line. Similar to a Tcl-proc. See the sample.gif
          > >
          > > Such feature which are common to eclipse and komodo for instance. Our
          > > me- toolbar is quite handy but with many projects and files it
          becomes
          > > to difficult to use.
          > >
          > > regards,
          > > Detlef
          > >
          > > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
          > > > Datum: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 13:44:40 +0100
          > > > Von: Steven Phillips <bill@... <mailto:bill%40jasspa.com>>
          > > > An: jasspa@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jasspa%40yahoogroups.com>
          > > > Betreff: Re: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file,
          goto-line

          > > > The server interface has deliberately been restricted to avoid
          the user
          > > > accidentally breaking things (consider doing a large macro based
          > > > operation to modify the current buffer when the server interface
          > > changes
          > > > the current buffer half way through - the confusion this will
          create is
          > > > going to hurt). But if you are convinced that this really is
          what you
          > > > want (and you give up your right to sue when you corrupt your files
          > > :-))
          > > > then I'll look into how to do this...

          > > > This is an unmoderated list, but new members are moderated to
          ensure
          > > that
          > > > there are no spam users. JASSPA is not responsible for the
          content of
          > > > any material posted to this list.
          > > >
          > > > To un-subscribe, send a mail message to

          > > <mailto:jasspa-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

        • Dr. Detlef Groth
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 20 4:35 AM
            Hi.

            sorry, but I found the solution myself. Of course I have to use just
            the server-find-file command from below instead of find-file:

            The Tcl-command is:
            exec $me -m "C:ME:server-find-file $path" &

            regards,
            Detlef