RE: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file, goto-line

  • Bryan Schofield
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 10 5:40 AM
      Detlef -

      Once apon a time I integrated a TCL interpreter with MicroEmacs that
      provided a new ME command "tcl some tcl statement" and one new TCL
      command "emf some-me-macro" With just a little bit of macros and TCL
      procs it was very easy to get tight integration. It looks like you
      going down an ME based TCL IDE road, so this may be an option to
      consider.

      cheers

      -- bryan
    • Detlef Groth
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 10 6:59 AM
        Hi Brian,

        sounds very interesting,
        do you have still some code around for the Tcl integration ?

        regards,
        Detlef
        -------- Original-Nachricht --------
        > Datum: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:40:37 -0400
        > Von: "Bryan Schofield" <schofield.bryan@...>
        > An: MicroEmacs <jasspa@yahoogroups.com>
        > Betreff: RE: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file, goto-line

        > Detlef -
        >
        > Once apon a time I integrated a TCL interpreter with MicroEmacs that
        > provided a new ME command "tcl some tcl statement" and one new TCL
        > command "emf some-me-macro" With just a little bit of macros and TCL
        > procs it was very easy to get tight integration. It looks like you
        > going down an ME based TCL IDE road, so this may be an option to
        > consider.
        >
        > cheers
        >
        > -- bryan
        >
        > ------------------------------------

        Dr.Detlef Groth
        Neue Scheune 5
        14548 Ferch
        Germany
      • Bryan Schofield
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 10 7:13 AM
          I'm afraid I can't find it, but I remember the changes were pretty
          simple. A couple of C files. This would have been 3 years or so ago...
          I can't search the Yahoo Groups archives (blocked by corporate web
          proxy) but I know I posted something, whether it was code or not I
          can't remember.

          On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Detlef Groth <dgroth@...> wrote:

          > Hi Brian,
          >
          > sounds very interesting,
          > do you have still some code around for the Tcl integration ?
          >
          > regards,
          > Detlef
          > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
          > > Datum: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:40:37 -0400
          > > Von: "Bryan Schofield" <schofield.bryan@...>
          > > An: MicroEmacs <jasspa@yahoogroups.com>
          > > Betreff: RE: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file, goto-line
          >

          > > Detlef -
          > >
          > > Once apon a time I integrated a TCL interpreter with MicroEmacs that
          > > provided a new ME command "tcl some tcl statement" and one new TCL
          > > command "emf some-me-macro" With just a little bit of macros and TCL
          > > procs it was very easy to get tight integration. It looks like you
          > > going down an ME based TCL IDE road, so this may be an option to
          > > consider.
          > >
          > > cheers
          > >
          > > -- bryan

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Dr.Detlef Groth
          > Neue Scheune 5
          > 14548 Ferch
          > Germany

        • Dr. Detlef Groth
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 20, 2008
            Hi all,

            I finally found the time to interact with the ME-Server from an
            Tcl-Tree showing my project files see:
            http://www.dgroth.de/downloads/me-no-ide.png

            What disturbs me is that me opens a popup-window for the running
            me-server. If I have just one window I would rather see after clicking
            in the tree just again one window. This is especially true for the
            second feature goto-line where I would like to jum to a certain method
            of a class definition for example.

            I tried to comment out popup-window invokations inside meserver.emf
            but this does not work. Any idea ?

            regards,
            Detlef

            --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Steven Phillips <bill@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > 1 create-callback server-find-file-callback
            > !endif
            > !emacro
            >
            > *** meserver.emf 4 Oct 2006 20:07:08 -0000 2.10
            > --- meserver.emf 9 Apr 2008 20:53:03 -0000
            > ***************
            > *** 30,40 ****
            > !force 0 find-buffer #l4
            > !endif
            > !force execute-line #l3
            > - !if ¬ &seq $buffer-bname #l4
            > set-variable #l4 $buffer-bname
            > popup-window #l1
            > set-variable &ind &spr ":%s-buffer" #l2 #l4
            > - !endif
            > !elif &seq @wc "M"
            > set-variable #l2 &lget &rig @wl 1 1
            > set-variable #l3 &rig @wl &add 3 &len #l2
            > --- 30,38 ----
            >

            > Detlef Groth wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Steven,
            > >
            > > I think the only thing I really would like to do is opening a file or
            > > reusing an existing buffer and optional going to a certain line
            number
            > > if line number is not null. As can be seen in the example macro. The
            > > reason for this, that is that I want to implement a tree control in
            > > Tcl/Tk which keeps track of my files and Tcl-classes and Tcl-Procs.
            > > Klicking on file should visit the appropiate buffer, clicking on a
            > > class-method or a file should open the file and jump to the
            appropiate
            > > line. Similar to a Tcl-proc. See the sample.gif
            > >
            > > Such feature which are common to eclipse and komodo for instance. Our
            > > me- toolbar is quite handy but with many projects and files it
            becomes
            > > to difficult to use.
            > >
            > > regards,
            > > Detlef
            > >
            > > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
            > > > Datum: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 13:44:40 +0100
            > > > Von: Steven Phillips <bill@... <mailto:bill%40jasspa.com>>
            > > > An: jasspa@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jasspa%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > > Betreff: Re: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file,
            goto-line

            > > > The server interface has deliberately been restricted to avoid
            the user
            > > > accidentally breaking things (consider doing a large macro based
            > > > operation to modify the current buffer when the server interface
            > > changes
            > > > the current buffer half way through - the confusion this will
            create is
            > > > going to hurt). But if you are convinced that this really is
            what you
            > > > want (and you give up your right to sue when you corrupt your files
            > > :-))
            > > > then I'll look into how to do this...

            > > > This is an unmoderated list, but new members are moderated to
            ensure
            > > that
            > > > there are no spam users. JASSPA is not responsible for the
            content of
            > > > any material posted to this list.
            > > >
            > > > To un-subscribe, send a mail message to

            > > <mailto:jasspa-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

          • Dr. Detlef Groth
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 20, 2008
              Hi.

              sorry, but I found the solution myself. Of course I have to use just
              the server-find-file command from below instead of find-file:

              The Tcl-command is:
              exec $me -m "C:ME:server-find-file $path" &

              regards,
              Detlef