Re: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file, goto-line

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 9, 2008
      Detlef,

      I've worked out the best way to do this, you need 2 macros - the first
      is the one directly called by the client/server interface, this stores
      the information. The second is the one that actually does the work, it
      is executed via the callback mechanism from the first macro so it will
      not run until ME is idle and is reasonably safe to do so. Below are the
      2 macros, however I did hit a problem with the meserver.emf macro code,
      below is a fix, 2 lines need to be removed.

      Steve

      0 define-macro server-find-file-callback
      find-file .server-find-file.f
      delete-other-windows
      !if &gre .server-find-file.l 0
      !force goto-line .server-find-file.l
      !endif
      screen-update
      !emacro

      define-macro server-find-file
      !force set-variable .f @1
      !if $status
      !force set-variable .l @2
      !if ¬ $status
      set-variable .l 0
      !endif
      1 create-callback server-find-file-callback

      *** meserver.emf 4 Oct 2006 20:07:08 -0000 2.10
      --- meserver.emf 9 Apr 2008 20:53:03 -0000
      ***************
      *** 30,40 ****
      !force 0 find-buffer #l4
      !endif
      !force execute-line #l3
      - !if ¬ &seq $buffer-bname #l4
      set-variable #l4 $buffer-bname
      popup-window #l1
      set-variable &ind &spr ":%s-buffer" #l2 #l4
      - !endif
      !elif &seq @wc "M"
      set-variable #l2 &lget &rig @wl 1 1
      set-variable #l3 &rig @wl &add 3 &len #l2
      --- 30,38 ----

      Detlef Groth wrote:

> [...]
      > reason for this, that is that I want to implement a tree control in
      > Tcl/Tk which keeps track of my files and Tcl-classes and Tcl-Procs.
      > Klicking on file should visit the appropiate buffer, clicking on a
      > class-method or a file should open the file and jump to the appropiate
      > line. Similar to a Tcl-proc. See the sample.gif
      >
      > Such feature which are common to eclipse and komodo for instance. Our
      > me- toolbar is quite handy but with many projects and files it becomes
      > to difficult to use.
      >
      > regards,
      > Detlef
      >
      > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
      > > Datum: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 13:44:40 +0100
      > > Von: Steven Phillips <bill@... <mailto:bill%40jasspa.com>>
      > > An: jasspa@yahoogroups.com <mailto:jasspa%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > Betreff: Re: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file, goto-line
      >
      > > The server interface has deliberately been restricted to avoid the user
      > > accidentally breaking things (consider doing a large macro based
      > > operation to modify the current buffer when the server interface
      > changes
      > > the current buffer half way through - the confusion this will create is
      > > going to hurt). But if you are convinced that this really is what you
      > > want (and you give up your right to sue when you corrupt your files
      > :-))
      > > then I'll look into how to do this...
      > >
      > > Dr. Detlef Groth wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello all,
      > > >
      > > > I would like to run a pipeline like:
      > > >
      > > > $ /c/Programme/jasspa/me32.exe -m 'C:ME:find-file c:/path/to/
      > > > Makefile'
      > > > $ /c/Programme/jasspa/me32.exe -m 'C:ME:goto-line 18'
      > > >
      > > > unfortunatly does not work. Sometimes the *server* window popups
      > > > instead of the desired file argument and the file even if it popups
      > > > does not have a focus
      > > >
      > > > cmds like
      > > > $ /c/Programme/jasspa/me32.exe -m 'C:ME:delete-other-windows'
      > > >
      > > > are simply ignored.
      > > >
      > > > A macro like:
      > > >
      > > > define-macro find-file-line
      > > > find-file @1
      > > > !if ¬ &equal 0 @2
      > > > goto-line @2
      > > > !endif
      > > > !emacro
      > > >
      > > > works if tested inside emacs but the invoked file-window does not get
      > > > the focus if invoked from the commandline.
      > > >
      > > > Keeping short. I would like to invoke me with two arguments the file-
      > > > name and a line number. The server should show at the end just one
      > > > window with the right file at the right line.
      > > >
      > > > any suggestions ?
      > > >
      > > > regards,
      > > > Detlef

      > > This is an unmoderated list, but new members are moderated to ensure
      > that
      > > there are no spam users. JASSPA is not responsible for the content of
      > > any material posted to this list.
      > >
      > > To un-subscribe, send a mail message to

      > <mailto:jasspa-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

    • Detlef Groth
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 9, 2008
        Thanks Steven,

        works like a charm:

        $ /c/Programme/jasspa/me32.exe -m 'C:ME:server-find-file c:/home/dgroth/mycvs/mytcl/goblet1/conf/goblet.cfg 2'

        $ /c/Programme/jasspa/me32.exe -m 'C:ME:server-find-file c:/home/dgroth/mycvs/mytcl/goblet1/Makefile 13'

        now does indeed what it should.

        Just for curious, is it possible to invoke the client that way that the server just returns the actual value of a variable ($buffer-bname or $buffer-fname) as an example.

        This would be the last step to do such external me-extensions enabling auto-update of the source-tree for instance. We can invoke a client at regular intervals. Of course a socket communication would make this less heavy. It might be as well possible to alter save-file that it writes important variables into a communication file.

        regards,
        Detlef
        regards,
        Detlef
        -------- Original-Nachricht --------

        Dr.Detlef Groth
        Neue Scheune 5
        14548 Ferch
        Germany
      • Bryan Schofield
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 10, 2008
          Detlef -

          Once apon a time I integrated a TCL interpreter with MicroEmacs that
          provided a new ME command "tcl some tcl statement" and one new TCL
          command "emf some-me-macro" With just a little bit of macros and TCL
          procs it was very easy to get tight integration. It looks like you
          going down an ME based TCL IDE road, so this may be an option to
          consider.

          cheers

          -- bryan
        • Detlef Groth
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 10, 2008
            Hi Brian,

            sounds very interesting,
            do you have still some code around for the Tcl integration ?

            regards,
            Detlef
            -------- Original-Nachricht --------
            > Datum: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:40:37 -0400
            > Von: "Bryan Schofield" <schofield.bryan@...>
            > An: MicroEmacs <jasspa@yahoogroups.com>
            > Betreff: RE: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file, goto-line

            > Detlef -
            >
            > Once apon a time I integrated a TCL interpreter with MicroEmacs that
            > provided a new ME command "tcl some tcl statement" and one new TCL
            > command "emf some-me-macro" With just a little bit of macros and TCL
            > procs it was very easy to get tight integration. It looks like you
            > going down an ME based TCL IDE road, so this may be an option to
            > consider.
            >
            > cheers
            >
            > -- bryan
            >
            > ------------------------------------

            Dr.Detlef Groth
            Neue Scheune 5
            14548 Ferch
            Germany
          • Bryan Schofield
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 10, 2008
              I'm afraid I can't find it, but I remember the changes were pretty
              simple. A couple of C files. This would have been 3 years or so ago...
              I can't search the Yahoo Groups archives (blocked by corporate web
              proxy) but I know I posted something, whether it was code or not I
              can't remember.

              On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Detlef Groth <dgroth@...> wrote:

              > Hi Brian,
              >
              > sounds very interesting,
              > do you have still some code around for the Tcl integration ?
              >
              > regards,
              > Detlef
              > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
              > > Datum: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:40:37 -0400
              > > Von: "Bryan Schofield" <schofield.bryan@...>
              > > An: MicroEmacs <jasspa@yahoogroups.com>
              > > Betreff: RE: [jasspa] Client-Server Problems with find-file, goto-line
              >

              > > Detlef -
              > >
              > > Once apon a time I integrated a TCL interpreter with MicroEmacs that
              > > provided a new ME command "tcl some tcl statement" and one new TCL
              > > command "emf some-me-macro" With just a little bit of macros and TCL
              > > procs it was very easy to get tight integration. It looks like you
              > > going down an ME based TCL IDE road, so this may be an option to
              > > consider.
              > >
              > > cheers
              > >
              > > -- bryan

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > --
              > Dr.Detlef Groth
              > Neue Scheune 5
              > 14548 Ferch
              > Germany

            • Dr. Detlef Groth
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 20, 2008
                Hi all,

                I finally found the time to interact with the ME-Server from an
                Tcl-Tree showing my project files see:
                http://www.dgroth.de/downloads/me-no-ide.png

                What disturbs me is that me opens a popup-window for the running
                me-server. If I have just one window I would rather see after clicking
                in the tree just again one window. This is especially true for the
                second feature goto-line where I would like to jum to a certain method
                of a class definition for example.

                I tried to comment out popup-window invokations inside meserver.emf
                but this does not work. Any idea ?

                regards,
                Detlef

                --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, Steven Phillips <bill@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > > accidentally breaking things (consider doing a large macro based
                > > > operation to modify the current buffer when the server interface
                > > changes
                > > > the current buffer half way through - the confusion this will
                create is
                > > > going to hurt). But if you are convinced that this really is
                what you
                > > > want (and you give up your right to sue when you corrupt your files
                > > :-))
                > > > then I'll look into how to do this...

                > > > This is an unmoderated list, but new members are moderated to
                ensure
                > > that
                > > > there are no spam users. JASSPA is not responsible for the
                content of
                > > > any material posted to this list.
                > > >
                > > > To un-subscribe, send a mail message to

                > > <mailto:jasspa-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>

              • Dr. Detlef Groth
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 20, 2008
                  Hi.

                  sorry, but I found the solution myself. Of course I have to use just
                  the server-find-file command from below instead of find-file:

                  The Tcl-command is:
                  exec $me -m "C:ME:server-find-file $path" &

                  regards,
                  Detlef