PHP comments -- javadoc style, formatting, extra space

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2008
      I've been writing PHP code of late and have the following problem, and am
      hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

      Comments that should look like this ("javadoc" style)

      /**
      * dbGetPatchData: Read problems table data for a given server.
      *
      * @param $serverName The server to get data for.
      * @param $patchData Ref to array to store fields and data.
      */

      instead get formatted by ME to look like this

      /**
      * dbGetPatchData: Read problems table data for a given server.
      *
      * @param $serverName The server to get data for.
      * @param $patchData Ref to array to store fields and data.
      */

      (i.e., there is an extra space before the '*' from the second line onward.)

      It does this when I hit Tab on those lines -- it auto-formats them the way
      I pasted above. Obviously the indent feature is doing it.

      What controls this? I've looked at the hkphp.emf, hkphps.emf and tried
      things like messing with the .fhook-phps.comment variable... but it
      doesn't seem to help at all.

      This comment style works perfectly if I edit a .c or .cpp or .java file,
      so I KNOW the indentation code can work right if it wants to :-)

      Running "MicroEmacs 06 - Date 2006/09/09 - win32".

      Thanks

      --
      Thomas Hundt <tom@...> +1-415-867-6698