Re: New mode questions

  • cp200205
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2007
      One more question in regards to this mode... (again, period "." means
      space in this message)

      message = "Dear Mr. John Doe,\n\n"
      "This here is a message to you that is spanning "
      "several lines in it's source code file.\n\n"
      "I hope you enjoy!"

      That's how it currently formats, but I would like it to format as:

      message = "Dear Mr. John Doe,\n\n"
      ...."This here is a message to you that is spanning "
      ...."several lines in it's source code file.\n\n"
      ...."I hope you enjoy!"

      or indented all the way to the "'s, such as:

      message = "Dear Mr. John Doe,\n\n"
      .........."This here is a message to you that is spanning "
      .........."several lines in it's source code file.\n\n"
      .........."I hope you enjoy!"

      So. With the almost complete falcon mode, there is that issue as well as:

      if 1
      ....printl( "Hello ")
      end

      vs.

      if 1: printl( "Hello" )

      if 1:
      ....printl( "Hello" )

      The first if works great, I cannot figure out how to make the other
      two work.

      Jeremy Cowgar
    • cp200205
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2007
        Wow. Ok. I spent some time in both the falcon docs and Jasspa hk*emf
        files. I found a solution to my IF problem, largely due to me having
        the syntax wrong.

        if 1: print("HELLO")

        is valid, but my other:

        if 1:
        ....print("HELLO")

        is not. If multi line, you cannot use : and have to use an end. So, I
        now have a statement like:

        indent .hilight.falcon n "if[^:]*$" t

        which will work in "most" cases. I suppose,

        if line == "HELLO:WORLD"
        ....print("HELLO")
        end

        would fail.

        Anyway... my only outstanding issue now is indenting:

        name = "Dear Mr. John Doe,\n\n"
        ...."How are you doing today?\n"
        ...."This is a multiline string, one method at least.\n"

        I've tried a few weird things such as:

        indent .hilight.falcon s "^[ \t]*\"" t

        but that will cause each subsequent line to indent and also, it does
        not work if my string exclusion is on.

        Any thoughts on my final problem?

        Jeremy Cowgar