Re: appending to "kill ring"

  • reza_rob2
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2007
      --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@...> wrote:

      > This works fine for me, so:
      > - Are you using a reasonable version of ME?

      jasspa-mecd-full-20060909.iso

      > - Are you sure the key is bound correctly and not being overridden?
      > (i.e. that this macro is being called - try using esc-x
      > append-region)

      Yes. (describe-key returns fine)

      > - Could something else be trashing the kill buffer before you do a
      > yank?

      Yes! Apparently, whenever I select any text, the kill buffer
      automatically becomes equal to it! What's the deal?

      Thanks so much.

      Reza.

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 18, 2007
        How are you selecting text? If you are using the mouse or you have option user-setup -> Start-Up -> MS Shift Region enabled then this is probably to be expected...

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 18, 2007
          --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@...> wrote:

          > How are you selecting text? If you are using the mouse or you have
          > option user-setup -> Start-Up -> MS Shift Region enabled then this is
          > probably to be expected...

          Indeed, when I use the set-mark command it works! Out of curiosity,
          how come the shift-* stuff fails anyway?

          And thanks a lot :-)

          Reza.