RE: [jasspa] appending to "kill ring"

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2007
      This works fine for me, so:
      - Are you using a reasonable version of ME?
      - Are you sure the key is bound correctly and not being overridden? (i.e. that this macro is being called - try using esc-x append-region)
      - Could something else be trashing the kill buffer before you do a yank?

      Steve

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 17, 2007
        --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@...> wrote:

        > This works fine for me, so:
        > - Are you using a reasonable version of ME?

        jasspa-mecd-full-20060909.iso

        > - Are you sure the key is bound correctly and not being overridden?
        > (i.e. that this macro is being called - try using esc-x
        > append-region)

        Yes. (describe-key returns fine)

        > - Could something else be trashing the kill buffer before you do a
        > yank?

        Yes! Apparently, whenever I select any text, the kill buffer
        automatically becomes equal to it! What's the deal?

        Thanks so much.

        Reza.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 18, 2007
          How are you selecting text? If you are using the mouse or you have option user-setup -> Start-Up -> MS Shift Region enabled then this is probably to be expected...

          > - Are you using a reasonable version of ME?

          jasspa-mecd- full-20060909. iso

          > - Are you sure the key is bound correctly and not being overridden?
          > (i.e. that this macro is being called - try using esc-x
          > append-region)

          Yes. (describe-key returns fine)

          > - Could something else be trashing the kill buffer before you do a
          > yank?

          Yes! Apparently, whenever I select any text, the kill buffer
          automatically becomes equal to it! What's the deal?

          Thanks so much.

          Reza.

          > Steve
          >

          > ____________ _________ _________ __

        • reza_rob2
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 18, 2007
            --- In jasspa@yahoogroups.com, "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@...> wrote:

            > How are you selecting text? If you are using the mouse or you have
            > option user-setup -> Start-Up -> MS Shift Region enabled then this is
            > probably to be expected...

            Indeed, when I use the set-mark command it works! Out of curiosity,
            how come the shift-* stuff fails anyway?

            And thanks a lot :-)

            Reza.