Re: RE: RE: RE: [jasspa] Dir Files - Toolbar Bug

  • Detlef Groth
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 12, 2007
      Hmm,

      sounds promising and towards a new release as a christmas surprise ;)

      Is there any plan to support some type of syntax checkers like "perl -cw" or tidy for html files. I recently provided a "perl -cw" example in the mailing list which marks errornous lines in a certain color. But this is a little bit crude. Better would be a general framework. Might be piping the checkers output in the *compile* buffer as I do it all the time before would be still the best solution. However after playing a little bit araound with the EPIC-Plugin for Perl-Editing with Eclipse I liked the error-checking which works like a spell checker.

      Another idea would be to get some kind of command completion like with the find-file command for certain programming languages.

      let's assume we have a tcl-syntax living inside "jasspa/syntax/tcl.esf" file like that taken from Komodo-IDE:

      array anymore <arrayName> <searchId>
      array donesearch <arrayName> <searchId>
      array exists <arrayName>
      array get <arrayName> ?pattern?
      array names <arrayName> ?mode? ?pattern?
      array nextelement <arrayName> <searchId>
      array set <arrayName> <list>
      array size <arrayName>
      array startsearch <arrayName>
      array statistics <arrayName>
      array unset <arrayName> ?pattern?

      If I write the word "array" I can get a completion list like with find-file if I like. If I click on exists I get the "exists" word and in the message-line the syntax proposal ...
      I know this is only required for PL's with huge APIs and for those huge APIs we have never up to date completion files ...

      Should stop for today ;)

      regards,
      Detlef

      --