RE: [jasspa] Dir Files - Toolbar Bug

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 12, 2007
      Detlef,

      Simple fix below (Line numbers may not match), problem was caused by the introduction of seconds to the last modified timestamp. Let me know if you see any other issues,

      Steve

      *** hkdirlst.emf.~0~
      --- hkdirlst.emf
      ***************
      *** 2058,2064 ****
            -1 kill-region
            ; remove the file stats and symbolic link info
            !while &not &seq @wc ""
      !         32 forward-delete-char
                -1 yank
                !if &set #l0 &sin " -> " @wl
                    set-variable @wl &lef @wl &sub #l0 1
      --- 2058,2064 ----
            -1 kill-region
            ; remove the file stats and symbolic link info
            !while &not &seq @wc ""
      !         35 forward-delete-char

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 12, 2007
        Thanks Steve,

        it does work. Would it be very difficult to apply custom filters to the buffers "Dir Files" and "Buff List" like "*.pm" or negative filters like "*.bak|*~|*.aux"

        regards,
        Detlef

        -------- Original-Nachricht --------
        Datum: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:40:58 -0400
        Von: "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@...>
        An: jasspa@yahoogroups.com
        Betreff: RE: [jasspa] Dir Files - Toolbar Bug

        --
        Dr.Detlef Groth
        Neue Scheune 5
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 12, 2007
          Detlef,

          Considering the reference to the 'Buff List' I'm not sure I know what you are asking. However the directory listing filter can be customized via the $file-ignore variable (see user-setup -> Platform -> Ignore Files option), I have a long list of extensions to ignore ("./ ~ CVS/ .o .obj .od .odw .ow .odb .ob .oc .on" etc). When you change this option you will need to either restart ME or execute hkdirlst.emf to get it working, this is because the dir list caches the ignore list.

          Datum: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:40:58 -0400
          Von: "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@ptc. com>
          An: jasspa@yahoogroups. com

          --
          Dr.Detlef Groth
          Neue Scheune 5

        • Detlef Groth
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 12, 2007
            Steve,

            oh yes, I never used this $file-ignore variable. But it is quite useful as I observe now.

            Thanks,
            Detlef

            -------- Original-Nachricht --------
            Datum: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:14:16 -0400
            Von: "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@...>
            An: jasspa@yahoogroups.com
            Betreff: RE: RE: [jasspa] Dir Files - Toolbar Bug

            --
            Dr.Detlef Groth
            Neue Scheune 5
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 12, 2007
              It gets better, next version of ME will have a build in version of grep which understands and supports your $file-ignore mask so a grep 'command-line' of 'grep -x Something *' excludes ignored files - this saves me hours! Similarly for the new built in find command.

              Datum: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:14:16 -0400
              Von: "Phillips, Steven" <sphillips@ptc. com>
              An: jasspa@yahoogroups. com

              --
              Dr.Detlef Groth
              Neue Scheune 5

            • Detlef Groth
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 12, 2007
                Hmm,

                sounds promising and towards a new release as a christmas surprise ;)

                Is there any plan to support some type of syntax checkers like "perl -cw" or tidy for html files. I recently provided a "perl -cw" example in the mailing list which marks errornous lines in a certain color. But this is a little bit crude. Better would be a general framework. Might be piping the checkers output in the *compile* buffer as I do it all the time before would be still the best solution. However after playing a little bit araound with the EPIC-Plugin for Perl-Editing with Eclipse I liked the error-checking which works like a spell checker.

                Another idea would be to get some kind of command completion like with the find-file command for certain programming languages.

                let's assume we have a tcl-syntax living inside "jasspa/syntax/tcl.esf" file like that taken from Komodo-IDE:

                array anymore <arrayName> <searchId>
                array donesearch <arrayName> <searchId>
                array exists <arrayName>
                array get <arrayName> ?pattern?
                array names <arrayName> ?mode? ?pattern?
                array nextelement <arrayName> <searchId>
                array set <arrayName> <list>
                array size <arrayName>
                array startsearch <arrayName>
                array statistics <arrayName>
                array unset <arrayName> ?pattern?

                If I write the word "array" I can get a completion list like with find-file if I like. If I click on exists I get the "exists" word and in the message-line the syntax proposal ...
                I know this is only required for PL's with huge APIs and for those huge APIs we have never up to date completion files ...

                Should stop for today ;)

                regards,
                Detlef

                --