Re: [jasspa] shell commands

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 5:31 PM
      There seems to be ("system") variables of

      $buffer-fname

      and

      $file-names

      which may be what you're looking for... see

      "M-x list-variables" and/or "M-x command-apropos"

      $buffer

      Ian
      this post <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/jasspa/message/2251>

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 5:34 PM
        I don't think there's a shortcut.

        I think you're meant to construct the command string yourself.
        As Ian just pointed out, list-variables shows various variables that
        hold various forms of the filename.

        If you want not to have to worry about the filename, maybe try
        pipe-shell-command (and supply your own result buffer name to catch the
        results).

        -Th

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2 11:56 PM
          When entering a command-line using the message-line (i.e. interactive) I use the C-x y and C-x C-y key bindings to insert the current buffer's name and file name respectively. The buffer's name is usually very close to the file name without the path (sometimes have to remove the "<2>" etc)

          Steve