Re: [jasspa] MEPATH

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2007
      Thomas Hundt wrote:
      >>> p.s. I did figure out the spelling dictionaries issue: the spell
      >>> directory wasn't in my MEPATH.
      >> You still using a MEPATH? Not used a MEPATH for years normally put the
      >> jasspa directory somewhere where ME automatically finds it and then dump
      >> the spelling directories in the spell sub-directory.
      >>
      >> Jon.
      >
      > Hmmm. Yes, I see: /opt/jasspa or /usr/share/jasspa or /usr/local/jasspa
      > are the wired-in locations.
      >
      > I guess I should be using MEINSTALLPATH to point to the top of my
      > install tree, instead of setting MEPATH. It would be a little less
      > typing ;-)
      >
      > BTW I use the following lame wrapper script to run the thing. It puts
      > it in the background, so as not to monopolize the xterm (a la Windows),
      > or runs the console version if X11 isn't available.
      >
      > #!/bin/sh
      > #------------------------------------------------------------
      > # me.sh Thundt rev 3 03-Aug-04
      > # Wrapper around MicroEmacs; doesn't monopolize xterm
      > # Copy into your ~/bin
      > #------------------------------------------------------------
      > # Rename 'me' to 'me32'. Put this wrapper in ~/bin/me.
      >
      > ##set -v # uncomment for debug
      > ##set -x
      >
      > #-----
      > # Make dirs and set paths as needed
      > #-----
      > if [ ! -d ${HOME}/.jasspa ]; then
      > mkdir ${HOME}/.jasspa
      > fi

      You should not need this as when you run me for the first time then it
      will create this if it does not exist.

      > MEBACKUPPATH="${HOME}/Backup/Jasspa_backups/"
      > if [ ! -d ${MEBACKUPPATH} ]; then
      > mkdir -p ${MEBACKUPPATH}
      > fi

      You do need this, although you could add this to your me.emf (including
      the creating the directory).

      > MEPATH=${HOME}/.jasspa:/home/thundt/App/Jasspa/company:/home/thundt/App/Jasspa/macros:/home/thundt/App/Jasspa/spelling
      > export MEBACKUPPATH MEPATH

      I still don't think you need MEPATH if you do a non-system installation.

      If you move the directories "spelling", "macros" and "company" into the
      .jasspa directory then they will be found automatically without $MEPATH.
      i.e. this is the same as unpacking metree in ${HOME} and renaming jasspa
      to .jasspa

      If you do want to retain the directories in their current location then
      you could use $MEINSTALLPATH="/home/thundt/App/Jasspa" the content of
      the subdirectories will be found.

      Having said all of that $MEPATH is fastest as it does not search any
      other location.