[jasspa] Re: Configuring for the Wheele mouse.

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2000
      The wheel events should be configured using user-setup. Simply run user-setup
      (Help->User Setup). Go to the Mouse page. Click on the Button which by default
      is 'Left' and a pop-down menu appears which contains 'Wheel Up' and 'Wheel
      Down'. Select one of these and then select Bound To and you will get a list of
      Scroll functions.

      Note that this is a much better way of doing this as firstly you don't need to
      edit a file, secondly you can also setup modifiers easily (i.e. Shift wheel to
      move a page etc) and thirdly on unix some magic key translations must be done
      to support a wheel which this does for you.

      Steve

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 24, 2000
        I did not know this - is this in the documentation ??
        Jon.

        Steven Phillips wrote:

> [...]
        > > why we prefer people to keep "their stuff" in "their space".
        > >
        > > Probably a good question why these are not in. They have only been
        > > available in the release in the last few months.
        > >
        > > The correct forum for questions is here (jasspa@...).
        > > However we prefer people to mail onto the mail reflector.
        > > The only reason for this is that if we are not around then
        > > your question does not get answered - other people will tend
        > > to answer if they can.
        > >
        > > You can find out about the mail archive from the www.jasspa.com
        > > site. There are details of how to subscribe and mail on the
        > > "Additional Support Information" link - so you can browse the
        > > archive as well.
        > >
        > > Regards
        > > Jon

        > *** Got Questions? Get Answers. Got Answers? Get Paid. ***
        > Sign up at Infomarco.com and you can win $30,000 cash or a trip to China.

        Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green
        Principal Design Engineer

        SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd
        The Communication Centre
        South Street
        Staines Tel: +44 (0)1784 428600 ext 644
        MIDDLESEX Fax: +44 (0)1784 428620
        TW18 4QE Email (work): jnaught@...
        England Email (home): jon@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 24, 2000
          > I did not know this - is this in the documentation ??
          > Jon.

          Yes, under user-setup(3) (although it seems to refer to Whell Up and Whell
          Down (oops)),

          Steve