[jasspa] Configuring for the Wheele mouse.

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 23, 2000
      polingsd@... wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Sorry, if this isn't the right place to send this question. if not, please
      > vector me to the correct venue.
      >
      > I've got a logitec wheelie mouse and when I run the scroll button up or down, I
      > get the message: Key not bound: mouse-wup (or mouse-wdown depending on direction
      > of travel). I figure this is cured with a simple macro to bind these commands to
      > Esc Control-V (or Control-V).
      >
      > Is mouse.emf the right place to put this? Are there complications I should worry
      > about? It looks like all the heavy lifting was done getting the program to
      > respond to wheelie motion with mouse-wup and mouse-wdown, why was a simple last
      > step omitted? I figured there must be something i'm missing.
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > steve

      Add these to your own "user.emf" file which you use at startup. Need to
      add a binding along the lines of:-

      3 global-bind-key scroll-up "mouse-wup"
      3 global-bind-key scroll-down "mouse-wdown"

      You can add these to mouse.emf, the only problem then is
      if you download a newer version of the code + macros
      then you loose the changes. This is the only reason
      why we prefer people to keep "their stuff" in "their space".

      Probably a good question why these are not in. They have only been
      available in the release in the last few months.

      The correct forum for questions is here (jasspa@...).
      However we prefer people to mail onto the mail reflector.
      The only reason for this is that if we are not around then
      your question does not get answered - other people will tend
      to answer if they can.

      You can find out about the mail archive from the www.jasspa.com
      site. There are details of how to subscribe and mail on the
      "Additional Support Information" link - so you can browse the
      archive as well.

      Regards
      Jon
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 24, 2000
        The wheel events should be configured using user-setup. Simply run user-setup
        (Help->User Setup). Go to the Mouse page. Click on the Button which by default
        is 'Left' and a pop-down menu appears which contains 'Wheel Up' and 'Wheel
        Down'. Select one of these and then select Bound To and you will get a list of
        Scroll functions.

        Note that this is a much better way of doing this as firstly you don't need to
        edit a file, secondly you can also setup modifiers easily (i.e. Shift wheel to
        move a page etc) and thirdly on unix some magic key translations must be done
        to support a wheel which this does for you.

        Steve

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 24, 2000
          I did not know this - is this in the documentation ??
          Jon.

          Steven Phillips wrote:

> [...]
          > > why we prefer people to keep "their stuff" in "their space".
          > >
          > > Probably a good question why these are not in. They have only been
          > > available in the release in the last few months.
          > >
          > > The correct forum for questions is here (jasspa@...).
          > > However we prefer people to mail onto the mail reflector.
          > > The only reason for this is that if we are not around then
          > > your question does not get answered - other people will tend
          > > to answer if they can.
          > >
          > > You can find out about the mail archive from the www.jasspa.com
          > > site. There are details of how to subscribe and mail on the
          > > "Additional Support Information" link - so you can browse the
          > > archive as well.
          > >
          > > Regards
          > > Jon

          > *** Got Questions? Get Answers. Got Answers? Get Paid. ***
          > Sign up at Infomarco.com and you can win $30,000 cash or a trip to China.

          Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green
          Principal Design Engineer

          SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd
          The Communication Centre
          South Street
          Staines Tel: +44 (0)1784 428600 ext 644
          MIDDLESEX Fax: +44 (0)1784 428620
          TW18 4QE Email (work): jnaught@...
          England Email (home): jon@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 24, 2000
            > I did not know this - is this in the documentation ??
            > Jon.

            Yes, under user-setup(3) (although it seems to refer to Whell Up and Whell
            Down (oops)),

            Steve