Error with toolbar enable

  • azynheira
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 11, 2006
      Hello,
      I found a weird problem with ME, if I have the tool bar active. It
      works most of the times, ME loads correctly, including session info.

      But sometimes if gives me 'error while loading me line 349' and the
      only way to recover this is to remove the user.erf and reconfigure ME
      from scratch, or if I go and edit .erf file by and and disable the
      tool bar.

      What seems to be the problem here ? Does anybody has the same problem?

      Thanks,
      Pedro
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 11, 2006
        Are you using a terminal (i.e. non-window 'me -n' version) and a window
        version? There is a problem with a session file muddling the settings of
        the 2 and this can lead to problems like the scroll bar being lost. You
        could try creating and using a terminal only session (e.g. me
        -cterminal), does this fix the problem?

        Steve

        azynheira wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I found a weird problem with ME, if I have the tool bar active. It
        > works most of the times, ME loads correctly, including session info.
        >
        > But sometimes if gives me 'error while loading me line 349' and the
        > only way to recover this is to remove the user.erf and reconfigure ME
        > from scratch, or if I go and edit .erf file by and and disable the
        > tool bar.
        >
        > What seems to be the problem here ? Does anybody has the same problem?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Pedro

      • azynheira
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 12, 2006
          Hello Steve,
          Long time no "see" :-)

          I don't think that could be the problem since I don't even have a
          console version compiled in my machine. Neverteless I could be
          something of the kind of registry proprities being trashed.

          I'll do more tests and report back to you.

          Pedro

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 12, 2006
            If you manage to reproduce the problem please copy you erf and the esf files to one side and send them to me, I should be able to track down the problem from these.

            Steve

            I don't think that could be the problem since I don't even have a
            console version compiled in my machine. Neverteless I could be
            something of the kind of registry proprities being trashed.

            I'll do more tests and report back to you.

            Pedro

            ..--- In jasspa@yahoogroups. com, Steven Phillips <bill@...> wrote:

            > Are you using a terminal (i.e. non-window 'me -n' version) and a window
            > version? There is a problem with a session file muddling the
            settings of
            > the 2 and this can lead to problems like the scroll bar being lost. You
            > could try creating and using a terminal only session (e.g. me
            > -cterminal), does this fix the problem?
            >
            > Steve
            >
            > azynheira wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello,
            > > I found a weird problem with ME, if I have the tool bar active. It
            > > works most of the times, ME loads correctly, including session info.
            > >
            > > But sometimes if gives me 'error while loading me line 349' and the
            > > only way to recover this is to remove the user.erf and reconfigure ME
            > > from scratch, or if I go and edit .erf file by and and disable the
            > > tool bar.
            > >
            > > What seems to be the problem here ? Does anybody has the same problem?
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Pedro

          • azynheira
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 13, 2006
              Hello,
              Since I set the following variables:
              D:\ME>set MEINSTALLPATH=D:\ME
              D:\ME>set MEPATH=D:\ME\Macros;D:\ME\PGomes
              D:\ME>set MEUSERPATH=D:\ME\PGomes

              The problem ceased to appear. I will no use them and report back to
              you when it does happen

              Pedro