Word Characters

  • Jeremy Cowgar
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2006
      How can I specify word characters for a certain mode? i.e. lisp. It
      allows - as a word character:

      (define (my-func a b c)
      (let (define-is-done true)....

      In this synario, define is highlighted (correctly) the first time it
      occurs, the second time as the var name define-is-done, it's also
      highlighted, but incorrectly due to the word character.

      Thanks.

      Jeremy
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2006
        It sounds like '-' should be made part of the lisp's word class, i.e.
        ME should be configured to treat 'define-is-done' as a single 'word'
        rather than 3 hyphen separated words. This looks like it might be a
        simple bug in hklisp.emf, near the top you will see:

        set-char-mask "2" "-$&#!%:@."

        define-macro fhook-lisp
        set-variable $buffer-mask "luh1"
        @# buffer-init "lisp"
        buffer-init-hooks
        !emacro

        It defines word class 2 to include "-$&.... but sets $buffer-mask to
        only "luh1" rather than "luh12". However I think the set-char-mask
        line is copied from hkemf.emf and I do not know whether $, &, #, ! etc
        should also be considered word chars, are they?

        If not I suggest you change it to:

        set-char-mask "3" "-<any-other-word-chars>"

        define-macro fhook-lisp
        set-variable $buffer-mask "luh13"
        @# buffer-init "lisp"
        buffer-init-hooks