Re: [jasspa] JST Mode, any docs?

  • dsjkvf
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
      yes, Jon, thank you very much (in fact, i've already noticed those
      *-2.* files, but haven't got time to check and to say here in the list
      that the problem is solved :). so, sorry for my slowlyness).

      now i've just downloaded and installed the metree package, and JST
      works now perfectly in Notes.

      also, as i see, metree has changed a lot :) (and i'm trying to
      remember those changes that i've done directly in macros/ folder with
      the old distro :)).

      thank you once again, and -- good luck :).

      --
      dsjkvf
    • jon@jasspa.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 5, 2006
        > yes, Jon, thank you very much (in fact, i've already noticed those
        > *-2.* files, but haven't got time to check and to say here in the list
        > that the problem is solved :). so, sorry for my slowlyness).
        >
        > now i've just downloaded and installed the metree package, and JST
        > works now perfectly in Notes.
        >
        > also, as i see, metree has changed a lot :) (and i'm trying to
        > remember those changes that i've done directly in macros/ folder with
        > the old distro :)).

        The metree-2 change was really minor, the main fix was Bryan's issue with
        the macros failing on start up and some fixes to SQL and ColdFusion
        templates and I think I updated some of the documentation. I think your
        installed macro tree must have been older than the original 20060909
        metree.

        Anyway, does not matter - glad it is all working.

        ... and yes never change the metree files in the jasspa/macros directory -
        copy the files to change to your user area and then change them. This
        makes it much easier to move to a new release in the future as you can
        easily find the changes (and you can undo the change if things go horribly
        wrong). I normally use a ~/.jasspa/macros/ subdirectory in my user
        directory which contains all of my changes to the shipped macros. The
        ~/.jasspa/ directory contains just my private extensions. This allows me
        to completely separate release changes and private extensions and not to
        get them confused or mixed up.

        By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
        main release?

        Jon.
      • Detlef Groth
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 5, 2006
          <snip>

          By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
          > main release?

          plpgsql extensions for postgres/oracle functions

          http://www.dgroth.de/cms/index.php?module=articles&c=microemacs&b=4&a=2

          the div tag should be indented as well like span, table etc (htmlcore.emf)

          btw:

          http://www.microemacs.de/wiki/index.php?n=Main.MicroEmacs does exists.

          It might be my personal scratchpad but other contribs are welcome.

          regards,
          Detlef

          Dr.Detlef Groth
          Neue Scheune 5
          14548 Ferch
          Germany
        • dsjkvf
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 5, 2006
            On 12/5/06, jon@... <jon@...> wrote:
            > The metree-2 change was really minor, the main fix was Bryan's issue with
            > the macros failing on start up and some fixes to SQL and ColdFusion
            > templates and I think I updated some of the documentation. I think your
            > installed macro tree must have been older than the original 20060909
            > metree.

            well, probably, yes -- may be from some RC.. do not remember, in fact :).

            > ... and yes never change the metree files in the jasspa/macros directory -
            > copy the files to change to your user area and then change them.

            well, i try to follow this guideline generally. but sometimes i change
            something very quickly and changes are so small that later i
            successfully forget about 'em :).

            however, i've decided that all important changes were in my user
            folder, and just installed new metree without any additional changes
            :). will figure later if i really need all those "hacks".

            > By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
            > main release?

            no, afair, there were just minor cosmetic changes, which were done
            just to make ME more usual to my taste (keybindings, schemes, etc).

            --
            dsjkvf
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 6, 2006
              Detlef Groth wrote:
              > <snip>
              >
              > By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
              >> main release?
              >>
              > plpgsql extensions for postgres/oracle functions
              >
              > http://www.dgroth.de/cms/index.php?module=articles&c=microemacs&b=4&a=2
              >
              > the div tag should be indented as well like span, table etc (htmlcore.emf)
              >
              > btw:
              >
              > http://www.microemacs.de/wiki/index.php?n=Main.MicroEmacs does exists.
              >
              > It might be my personal scratchpad but other contribs are welcome.
              >
              > regards,
              > Detlef

              Hi Detlef,

              Long time, no see!
              ... and a new wiki playground.

              Yes you are right the DIV is a good candidate for the html indentation
              that should be fixed.