Re: [jasspa] JST Mode, any docs?

  • Bryan Schofield
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
      Are you using:
        MicroEmacs 06 - Date 2006/09/09 - win32

      esc-x about

      My version has jst help...

      Notes already is using jst so you don't have to do anything special.

      On 12/4/06, dsjkvf <dsjkvf@...> wrote:

      On 11/30/06, Bryan Schofield <schofield.bryan@...> wrote:

      > Esc x
      > help-item
      > jst

      [Can't find help on jst] :)

      > Are you asking in references to Notes? If so this is my cheat sheet note on using Notes and jst formatting...

      probably, i'm missing something very obvious :), but how one can use
      it in Notes? any specific header (similar to e.g. >doc>)? or smthng
      else?

      thank you

      --
      dsjkvf

    • Bryan Schofield
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
        blah ignore me...I didn't see the whole thread until I sent my response... sigh.

      • jon@jasspa.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
          > On 12/4/06, Phillips, Steven <sphillips@...> wrote:
          >
          >> I think you might be running a slightly out of date version, the jst
          >> docs and shift to using
          >> JST in notes was about the last change made to the latest release.
          >
          > well, i also think so :) -- but what is the latest version then? mine
          > is the following:
          >
          > dsjkvf on Sisyphus: ~> me -V
          > MicroEmacs 06 - Date 2006/09/09 - freebsd
          >
          > also, if these documents are now included in help, then i can probably
          > find 'em somewhere on jasspa.com?

          If the jst(9) notes are not in your help pages (will be referenced in the
          glossary) then your 'metree' is not up to date. Download a new metree
          bundle and replace your existing macro files. The metree-2 (patched
          version) will work with your FreeSBD binary which is likely to be the
          first release.

          If you do not want to replace the whole tree then download the file me.ehf
          and replace it with what you have at the moment (or extract from metree).
          I would suggest the whole tree is the best route.

          Jon.

          > thank you
          >

          > --
          > dsjvkf

        • dsjkvf
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
            yes, Jon, thank you very much (in fact, i've already noticed those
            *-2.* files, but haven't got time to check and to say here in the list
            that the problem is solved :). so, sorry for my slowlyness).

            now i've just downloaded and installed the metree package, and JST
            works now perfectly in Notes.

            also, as i see, metree has changed a lot :) (and i'm trying to
            remember those changes that i've done directly in macros/ folder with
            the old distro :)).

            thank you once again, and -- good luck :).

            --
            dsjkvf
          • jon@jasspa.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 5, 2006
              > yes, Jon, thank you very much (in fact, i've already noticed those
              > *-2.* files, but haven't got time to check and to say here in the list
              > that the problem is solved :). so, sorry for my slowlyness).
              >
              > now i've just downloaded and installed the metree package, and JST
              > works now perfectly in Notes.
              >
              > also, as i see, metree has changed a lot :) (and i'm trying to
              > remember those changes that i've done directly in macros/ folder with
              > the old distro :)).

              The metree-2 change was really minor, the main fix was Bryan's issue with
              the macros failing on start up and some fixes to SQL and ColdFusion
              templates and I think I updated some of the documentation. I think your
              installed macro tree must have been older than the original 20060909
              metree.

              Anyway, does not matter - glad it is all working.

              ... and yes never change the metree files in the jasspa/macros directory -
              copy the files to change to your user area and then change them. This
              makes it much easier to move to a new release in the future as you can
              easily find the changes (and you can undo the change if things go horribly
              wrong). I normally use a ~/.jasspa/macros/ subdirectory in my user
              directory which contains all of my changes to the shipped macros. The
              ~/.jasspa/ directory contains just my private extensions. This allows me
              to completely separate release changes and private extensions and not to
              get them confused or mixed up.

              By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
              main release?

              Jon.
            • Detlef Groth
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 5, 2006
                <snip>

                By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
                > main release?

                plpgsql extensions for postgres/oracle functions

                http://www.dgroth.de/cms/index.php?module=articles&c=microemacs&b=4&a=2

                the div tag should be indented as well like span, table etc (htmlcore.emf)

                btw:

                http://www.microemacs.de/wiki/index.php?n=Main.MicroEmacs does exists.

                It might be my personal scratchpad but other contribs are welcome.

                regards,
                Detlef

                Dr.Detlef Groth
                Neue Scheune 5
                14548 Ferch
                Germany
              • dsjkvf
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 5, 2006
                  On 12/5/06, jon@... <jon@...> wrote:
                  > The metree-2 change was really minor, the main fix was Bryan's issue with
                  > the macros failing on start up and some fixes to SQL and ColdFusion
                  > templates and I think I updated some of the documentation. I think your
                  > installed macro tree must have been older than the original 20060909
                  > metree.

                  well, probably, yes -- may be from some RC.. do not remember, in fact :).

                  > ... and yes never change the metree files in the jasspa/macros directory -
                  > copy the files to change to your user area and then change them.

                  well, i try to follow this guideline generally. but sometimes i change
                  something very quickly and changes are so small that later i
                  successfully forget about 'em :).

                  however, i've decided that all important changes were in my user
                  folder, and just installed new metree without any additional changes
                  :). will figure later if i really need all those "hacks".

                  > By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
                  > main release?

                  no, afair, there were just minor cosmetic changes, which were done
                  just to make ME more usual to my taste (keybindings, schemes, etc).

                  --
                  dsjkvf
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 6, 2006
                    Detlef Groth wrote:
                    > <snip>
                    >
                    > By the way were there any changes worth sharing that we should add to the
                    >> main release?
                    >>
                    > plpgsql extensions for postgres/oracle functions
                    >
                    > http://www.dgroth.de/cms/index.php?module=articles&c=microemacs&b=4&a=2
                    >
                    > the div tag should be indented as well like span, table etc (htmlcore.emf)
                    >
                    > btw:
                    >
                    > http://www.microemacs.de/wiki/index.php?n=Main.MicroEmacs does exists.
                    >
                    > It might be my personal scratchpad but other contribs are welcome.
                    >
                    > regards,
                    > Detlef

                    Hi Detlef,

                    Long time, no see!
                    ... and a new wiki playground.

                    Yes you are right the DIV is a good candidate for the html indentation
                    that should be fixed.